Home

What happened to the free feel?

This is a discussion on What happened to the free feel? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to the free feel?

The whole game is nothing like advertised. What was written in those blogs bears no resemblance to this game, pre or post any patches. I appreciate that beluba especially participates in these threads, but jeez, I really want to play that game we were told about.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #34
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfr33
OH! Look the same people who cried for tweaks, while people who opposed were made to look like ******** fanboys who didnt wanna hear any bad thing about 2k, are now crying about what they asked for!
It's always a fresh scorching hot take when people who have zero control over what's in the game are held responsible for. . . what's in the game.

Never gets old.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #35
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwntrl
I wanna be able to just use a wing player after a steal, not get body checked like crazy right after by the guy I stole the ball from, and go for a legit breakaway dunk. It's so hard for guys like LeBron, KD, Westbrook to play like themselves in this case.

Bro...bodychecking is the NBA. Dribbling is too old school. Screens are for losers. You need to be able to take the hits and just accept that 2K do basketball more realistically than what we see on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #36
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Bro...bodychecking is the NBA. Dribbling is too old school. Screens are for losers. You need to be able to take the hits and just accept that 2K do basketball more realistically than what we see on TV.
Insane how the bodychecking felt toned backed at launch now it's back at 2K16 levels.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #37
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
Insane how the bodychecking felt toned backed at launch now it's back at 2K16 levels.

I, like many others, watched the games last night and was saddened knowing that I couldn't turn on 2K and run a simple pick and roll. Somehow the defender would slip the screen, or morph through, or push my screener way out of the way. Or I'd actually have a window and then the defender would recover and plow into me, or I'd get hard hedged to the point that I'd actually stumble and pick up my dribble. The list goes on, but hey...I'll wait for the patch like everyone else and hope they turn back the mind reading WWE defender dial and actually get to play some basketball.

Fingers crossed.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #38
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

I think 2k needs to take a page out of Ubisoft's playbook and take a year off. If you don't know Ubisoft is holding off on releasing another Assassin's Creed, a series that has seen an annual release since 2009, to "evolve the game mechanics". Stepping back the same year the movie is coming out to work on game mechanics takes some stones but they're doing it.

2K's legacy problems are catching up to them. Every year they have to come up with new features so people will buy the game. These new features take serious man power to hammer out. They also come with a host of bugs and problems especially when they have to release the game earlier than they're use to. This keeps them from taking a serious crack at legacy issues that have plagued their game for years.

Sadly I just don't see them taking a year off until it hurts them in their wallets like it did Ubisoft.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #39
Pro

Here is 40:00 minutes of 2K17 prior to release on Superstar. Cavs vs. Spurs with 12 minute quarters with Sim gameplay

Let me know what you guys think

Last edited by Nevertheles109; 10-26-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #40
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Seems like they will never get rid of the feeling of getting held by force fields.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »