Home

Is 2k17 a bad game or are you spoiled? About the complaints

This is a discussion on Is 2k17 a bad game or are you spoiled? About the complaints within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is 2k17 a bad game or are you spoiled? About the complaints

...by "you" i include myself.

Am I the only one having no issues with the gameplay?

I hear the complaints about gameplay here and there, but i actually think 2k did a great job with the gameplay in comparison of the last edition. They improved the gameplay by far!
I only play sport games and 2k17 is the most realistic game i played so far.

I usually play 10 min Qtr on superstar level and stats are realistic. The only teams shooting over 50% are the great one. For example, don't expect the AI to shoot under 50% if you play against the dream team or the Warriors.
I don't understand people complaining about missed wide open shots. Even Steph Curry misses some wide open shot. It's realistic. Most of the time when the game is over the overall team fg% go from 35%( if i had a bad game) to 55% ( if i killed it with a superstar team). It's the same for the AI.

The only issues i have with the game are some weird body types and the frequency of injuries in game. Someone hurts himself every game, because of fatigue i guess. Anyway, i can change the resistance to fatigue in the sliders, so that's not a big deal.
I'd give the 2k17 a A- if they didn't messed up the bodies.
I hope they don't change the gamplay in the next patches, because of the many complaints. Back me up with this if you feel the same.

I MyLeague and MyGM, the rotation system is broken when you don't play 12min Qtr. When you ajust the rotations they applied it assuming you will play 12 min Qtrs. For example, you want a player to stay the entire first Qtr, but he will play the first 12 minutes of the game. If you play 6 minutes Qtr it means he will stay on the floor the entire first half. They have to fix it in the next patch.

I don't really play modes like MyTeam, MyPark or MyCareer. Maybe the gameplay issues are related to these modes? I don't know.
Reading of the complaints on internet you might think 2k developers were lazy , but most of the complainers probably expected too much from a video game. It can't be perfect, but it's really close to the actual nba if you ask me.
In conclusion, they should focus on fixing non-gameplay issues in the next patches and the game would be A+.?!?!

Last edited by Mixaballa; 10-24-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is 2k17 a bad game or are you spoiled? About the complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixaballa
In conclusion, they should focus on fixing non-gameplay issues in the next patches and the game would be A+.?!?!
yeah.... no

Old 10-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixaballa
...by "you" i include myself.

Am I the only one having no issues with the gameplay?

I hear the complaints about gameplay here and there, but i actually think 2k did a great job with the gameplay in comparison of the last edition. They improved the gameplay by far!
I only play sport games and 2k17 is the most realistic game i played so far.

I usually play 10 min Qtr on superstar level and stats are realistic. The only teams shooting over 50% are the great one. For example, don't expect the AI to shoot under 50% if you play against the dream team or the Warriors.
I don't understand people complaining about missed wide open shots. Even Steph Curry misses some wide open shot. It's realistic. Most of the time when the game is over the overall team fg% go from 35%( if i had a bad game) to 55% ( if i killed it with a superstar team). It's the same for the AI.

The only issues i have with the game are some weird body types and the frequency of injuries in game. Someone hurts himself every game, because of fatigue i guess. Anyway, i can change the resistance to fatigue in the sliders, so that's not a big deal.
I'd give the 2k17 a A- if they didn't messed up the bodies.
I hope they don't change the gamplay in the next patches, because of the many complaints. Back me up with this if you feel the same.

I MyLeague and MyGM, the rotation system is broken when you don't play 12min Qtr. When you ajust the rotations they applied it assuming you will play 12 min Qtrs. For example, you want a player to stay the entire first Qtr, but he will play the first 12 minutes of the game. If you play 6 minutes Qtr it means he will stay on the floor the entire first half. They have to fix it in the next patch.

I don't really play modes like MyTeam, MyPark or MyCareer. Maybe the gameplay issues are related to these modes? I don't know.
Reading of the complaints on internet you might think 2k developers were lazy , but most of the complainers probably expected too much from a video game. It can't be perfect, but it's really close to the actual nba if you ask me.

I am new to this. How do you even get to the screen to set how many minutes a player plays in the first quarter or when he is subbed out/in? I do myleague.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #4
Rookie

How do you stretch out a simple statement to a 400 word post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 03:47 PM   #5
Pro

Game looks great on paper....Poorly poorly executed though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

the game offline(5v5) is fine, till 2k rigging (Stop telling me this isnt a thing) or w/e you want to call it kicks in and slowly tries to take the controller away from me.

the game ONLINE is a mess due to all the flaws within the game combining into a super cheese festival
Old 10-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Banned

I expect 2k17 to be VASTLY improved from 2k11, it is not.

Comparing this year's to past games, c'mon 2k17 has same server problems, canned animations, and even worse AI than games 5+ years old.

Not spoiled, just 2k gets by on announcers and graphics and the fact that 90% of the gaming industry has no idea how a sim should actually play.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:40 PM   #8
MVP

Most people are just too spoiled.. Its a game.. Its not perfect unless you just deal with what you have and be satisfy.. Its a video game

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »