Home

Being a Post Scorer in MyCareer is frustrating.

This is a discussion on Being a Post Scorer in MyCareer is frustrating. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Being a Post Scorer in MyCareer is frustrating.

I am sorry in advance if this post comes off as a rant.

I am playing MyCareer as a Post Scorer. It has become an extremely frustrating experience. I am immediately double teamed-Every.Single.Time. It doesn't matter if it is the first play of the game. It would make sense if I had scored several times in the post and am hot, but I should not be doubled when I haven't even scored yet, especially if I am matched up with elite defensive bigs like DeAndre Jordan or Anthony Davis.

Now the doubles, as annoying as they are, would not be so bad if I was confident I could hit the open man. It is incredibly easy to knock the ball lose from bigs who are posted up, even before I put the ball on the floor. I have seen instances where the AI is literally spamming the steal button until it works. Sometimes I get lucky and they get called for fouls, and I get to shoot 20+ free throws a game, but that is a rare occurrence.

This has been a pet peeve of mine in 2K for years now. Big men need better ball security.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #2
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: Being a Post Scorer in MyCareer is frustrating.

General flaw of gameplay thats need fixing. However i got no much problem to power through double team defense as maxed post scorer, even at hof difficulty because cpu is bad at guarding post up.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:26 PM   #3
Rookie

I can power through the double occasionally, but more often than not, I get stripped. The slightest bit of contact seems to turn my player's hands to butter. Combine that with the AI's insane ability to know exactly where the lose ball is going, I end up with a lot of turnovers.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
Just started!

Can anyone confirm if POST CONTROL attribute adds ball security when he has the rock in the paint with L2 engaged?

Or is playmaker/ball security the only thing that affects getting stripped? Hoping it's a combination of the 2.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
Rookie

These double-teams been here since 2k15, such a shame they still haven't even toned the AI for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

I love the post game and it is my preferred play style, especially with a wing player (ala MJ or Kobe). But the double teaming and blasting of post players during the shot in Mycareer games is completely ridiculous. Only in 2K can the CPU completely blowup a player during the post shot, take away the ball and no foul is called. A noob SF with no upgrades or skill gets double teamed in the college games for christ sake. Forget about playing in the pros, all you can do is pass out or loose the ball.

I just cannot understand the logic; 2K gives us the player class and then allows game mechanics that makes the class unplayable. Until fixed, and I won't hold my breath that they will, no way I would invest any time or VC into a post player class. It is just way to frustrating. And I really wish 2K would game test their games. Maybe that is too much to ask.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxX
Can anyone confirm if POST CONTROL attribute adds ball security when he has the rock in the paint with L2 engaged?

Or is playmaker/ball security the only thing that affects getting stripped? Hoping it's a combination of the 2.
This is something I have always wondered about. I want to know before I sink attributes into something that may not actually help me.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews
I love the post game and it is my preferred play style, especially with a wing player (ala MJ or Kobe). But the double teaming and blasting of post players during the shot in Mycareer games is completely ridiculous. Only in 2K can the CPU completely blowup a player during the post shot, take away the ball and no foul is called. A noob SF with no upgrades or skill gets double teamed in the college games for christ sake. Forget about playing in the pros, all you can do is pass out or loose the ball.

I just cannot understand the logic; 2K gives us the player class and then allows game mechanics that makes the class unplayable. Until fixed, and I won't hold my breath that they will, no way I would invest any time or VC into a post player class. It is just way to frustrating. And I really wish 2K would game test their games. Maybe that is too much to ask.
My point exactly. I love post play, and I have used bigs in 2K for years, but this is just silly. It just seems to make the entire archetype pointless because you are at a high risk of a turnover as soon as you catch the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »