Home

No one seems to care about Shot Feedback not working in Practice Mode

This is a discussion on No one seems to care about Shot Feedback not working in Practice Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Neurotic's Arena

OVR: 0
No one seems to care about Shot Feedback not working in Practice Mode

I've searched this forum and other sites around the web for threads/posts regarding Shot Feedback not working at all this year in Practice Mode and have barely found any discussion surrounding this issue. It's honestly discouraging because the lack of interest into bringing this to light probably means that this will be a problem that will never be fixed or patched.

As someone who's almost exclusively a PNO player, being able to master jump shots with teams around the league has always been key. Not being able to use Shot Feedback in practice has pretty much been game-breaking to me. That may sound like an exaggeration, but it literally has been the main reason why I've barely touched this game since its release.

In the past, I always made sure to master the jump shot of every starter and rotation player before I jumped on PNO to play with a team. Now, I'm reduced to an inexact guessing game that leaves me bricking a majority of my shots, with the exception of those handful of players who have exceptionally "easy" releases.

The problem is only made worse by the fact that Shot Feedback seems to disappear in the blink of an eye even when it does work during actual games. I have never used the shot meter as I find it distracting and prefer to just watch the player's animation which means that without Shot Feedback, I have no reliable way of telling how early or late I am on my releases.

Has 2k even acknowledged that they're aware of this? I tried contacting their support team but that ended up being a fruitless experience.

Has anyone found a way to circumvent this? I would've never thought that such a minor issue could hinder my enjoyment of a game so much, but here we are. At this point, I'm desperate for any sort of solution.

Last edited by Neurotic; 10-24-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
MVP

Re: No one seems to care about Shot Feedback not working in Practice Mode

Idk what so hard about looking at the meter. If you get close to a. Green release then common sense would say it has a higher chance of going in and if you nowhere near close to a green release then you probably won't make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

its a valid issue and it is annoying.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
MVP

You should still be able to figure it out. Even without it being up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 09:31 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic
I've searched this forum and other sites around the web for threads/posts regarding Shot Feedback not working at all this year in Practice Mode and have barely found any discussion surrounding this issue. It's honestly discouraging because the lack of interest into bringing this to light probably means that this will be a problem that will never be fixed or patched.

As someone who's almost exclusively a PNO player, being able to master jump shots with teams around the league has always been key. Not being able to use Shot Feedback in practice has pretty much been game-breaking to me. That may sound like an exaggeration, but it literally has been the main reason why I've barely touched this game since its release.

In the past, I always made sure to master the jump shot of every starter and rotation player before I jumped on PNO to play with a team. Now, I'm reduced to an inexact guessing game that leaves me bricking a majority of my shots, with the exception of those handful of players who have exceptionally "easy" releases.

The problem is only made worse by the fact that Shot Feedback seems to disappear in the blink of an eye even when it does work during actual games. I have never used the shot meter as I find it distracting and prefer to just watch the player's animation which means that without Shot Feedback, I have no reliable way of telling how early or late I am on my releases.

Has 2k even acknowledged that they're aware of this? I tried contacting their support team but that ended up being a fruitless experience.

Has anyone found a way to circumvent this? I would've never thought that such a minor issue could hinder my enjoyment of a game so much, but here we are. At this point, I'm desperate for any sort of solution.
Well that really blows. Could be 2K trying to force the shot meter on us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Well that really blows. Could be 2K trying to force the shot meter on us.
It's a genuine glitch. The feedback is in the MyTeam freestyle mode.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:14 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeap it's an issue and im not a meter guy i want feedback after i release my shot so.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 01:21 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I posted this one in the bugs/glitches thread back when the game first came out:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3&postcount=49

It's definitely frustrating that it hasn't been fixed yet since it makes it difficult to shoot without the meter turned on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »