Home

Should NBA 2k be officially reviewed on a later date?

This is a discussion on Should NBA 2k be officially reviewed on a later date? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #9
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Should NBA 2k be officially reviewed on a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans2k

Do you really think that 2k17 is that, a robust basketball simulation? Or Best Basketball Game Ever? Because those are the accolades being g thrown at 2k for this year's sim-abomination.

Sorry, but this stuff matters. If I did a half *** job at my job, but I still got awards...why the hell would I ever change or get better? Wouldn't. Human nature to take easiest way out while cashing in as much as possible.
It's not a sim abomination, and accusing devs of doing their job half asses is disrespectful.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:59 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I wouldn't even consider making an informed decision, not soley based on a review score a deep dig...
IGN is still a big site and I'm sure many "average consumers" do use their reviews to make these decisions.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:31 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
It's not a sim abomination, and accusing devs of doing their job half asses is disrespectful.
What is disrespectful is I paid money for an unfinished game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #12
Banned

And you think 5 balancing updates in a month is good?

They want to say eSports but the major, professional real eSport games....are...free...with no microtransactions.

Maybe someday sports gamers will realize juuuust how much 2k is pulling and getting away with, buuuuuut until then...

Keep defending the business practices by 2k.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #13
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

When i learnt that there will not be a legend mode for Kobe ("legend are eternel") i didn't read any review my note was done 10/20!

bad announcement, no legend art dev resptected

"oh oh oh we have a big big big big anouncement!!! you will be able to do ..... (i don't remember the big big annoncement this year but it was so ridiculous!!!)

for me a basketball game should be every year at 19.8/20, every year not 9.1 or 8.5 or 8.2!! it is just impossible to me to see that!!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #14
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

no.

release a game in a bad state, get wrecked in reviews.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
I don't think most here get worked up about them, it's just knowing the fact that your average consumer doesn't dig as deep as we do. They see IGN give a game a 10/10, 9/10, etc., and base their purchase on that alone.
The average consumer for this game also doesn't care nearly as much as you or other people on this site do. People seem to forget that most people here are "hardcore" basketball guys and a lot of us have high basketball IQs.

The average 2K buyer most likely doesn't know nearly as much and isn't catching the little things being off like everyone on here. They see the game that looks nice, has all their favorite players, fun to play with friends, etc. and it's a great game to them.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
The average consumer for this game also doesn't care nearly as much as you or other people on this site do. People seem to forget that most people here are "hardcore" basketball guys and a lot of us have high basketball IQs.

The average 2K buyer most likely doesn't know nearly as much and isn't catching the little things being off like everyone on here. They see the game that looks nice, has all their favorite players, fun to play with friends, etc. and it's a great game to them.
While that's true now, there was a time when 2K was the underdog to EA and had to capture the market by targeting all the hardcore simulation-style players.

Just because they blew up and are huge now doesn't mean they should be held to different standards, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »