Home

The problem with the MyCareer draft

This is a discussion on The problem with the MyCareer draft within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The problem with the MyCareer draft

I don't understand why 2k actually REMOVES detail from their games

Who the hell does that?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #10
Banned

The problem was in the older times, people would only really create 1 player because grinding those points took forever, these days it's much easier to have numerous players. Even just the limited current college experience is annoying after the first run through, especially as it's meaningless within the mode. Maybe a 3 option system career start could work?

1) full draft experience
2) random draw with equal odds of finishing 1-60
3) use a previous draft position
Old 04-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #11
MVP

ph33's Arena

Honestly I couldn't care less about the draft and all that. I guess if it's an offline myCareer mode I totally understand. But I'm never in this to play offline, and I speak for many others, let us get to playing games as quick as possible. Don't want to sit around for a few hours for that.

So really they should separate the modes. Like many of us have been saying for months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Honestly I couldn't care less about the draft and all that. I guess if it's an offline myCareer mode I totally understand. But I'm never in this to play offline, and I speak for many others, let us get to playing games as quick as possible. Don't want to sit around for a few hours for that.

So really they should separate the modes. Like many of us have been saying for months.
Absolutely, because I'm all about offline, never even played online once and have no interest in it. It's the offline stuff that interests me and especially the authenticity etc. when it comes to MyCareer.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #13
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Yea, 2K: Stop removing features you've already had.

Also, make the game more user-friendly.

Let us skip cutscenes or even all of college.

Some people have multiple careers. I see college is just a time-waster. I get minimal VC, and it's not like I get drafted to a team I want so why does matter if I'm 1 or 30?

Also, it would be cool to have a feature like NBA Live used to have where you can start a GM and redo the previous years' draft.

We should have that option. Maybe I don't wanna get drafted 1 and still have Simmons be with the team.

-Allen Iverson
Old 04-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #14
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yea, 2K: Stop removing features you've already had.

Also, make the game more user-friendly.

Let us skip cutscenes or even all of college.

Some people have multiple careers. I see college is just a time-waster. I get minimal VC, and it's not like I get drafted to a team I want so why does matter if I'm 1 or 30?

Also, it would be cool to have a feature like NBA Live used to have where you can start a GM and redo the previous years' draft.

We should have that option. Maybe I don't wanna get drafted 1 and still have Simmons be with the team.
You mean have simmons be with another team? But yeah i agree with basically everything in this thread. It just wont happen because 2k isnt concerned with this. They removed it all as soon as MyPark was released. And MyCareer isnt even that, its MyPark against CPU opponents in a season format. They just havent figured out MyPark should be its own mode and be seperate from everything else.

Basically, remove MyPark from MyCareer and make them seperate, and get rid of the narrative story created by some celeb each year, NOBODY likes it. Do that and they either make MyCareer a multiyear player lock thing, in which case people will just do that in MyLeague and not even bother at all with it while complaining relentlessly in packs to 2k, or 2k gives us an actual realistic MyCareer centered around the NBA and not some made up character going on double-dates and getting haircuts with Michael B. Jordan, im sorry, JUSTICE YOUNG. Dont get me wrong, i like all the cutscenes about endorsements and the rookie hazing and training and doing things with other players, but the Orange Juice thing and stuff like that is taking it WAY TOO FAR.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah this years was better than that spike lee nonsense in 2K16 but it's still absolutely stupid. If I get drafted by the lakers I don't want D'Angelo Russell benched to make way for some stupid character...

They need to find a better balance between the role playing stuff and dumb narratives that makes everyones career identical. They should have more simple cut scenes with other NBA players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
You mean have simmons be with another team? But yeah i agree with basically everything in this thread. It just wont happen because 2k isnt concerned with this. They removed it all as soon as MyPark was released. And MyCareer isnt even that, its MyPark against CPU opponents in a season format. They just havent figured out MyPark should be its own mode and be seperate from everything else.

Basically, remove MyPark from MyCareer and make them seperate, and get rid of the narrative story created by some celeb each year, NOBODY likes it. Do that and they either make MyCareer a multiyear player lock thing, in which case people will just do that in MyLeague and not even bother at all with it while complaining relentlessly in packs to 2k, or 2k gives us an actual realistic MyCareer centered around the NBA and not some made up character going on double-dates and getting haircuts with Michael B. Jordan, im sorry, JUSTICE YOUNG. Dont get me wrong, i like all the cutscenes about endorsements and the rookie hazing and training and doing things with other players, but the Orange Juice thing and stuff like that is taking it WAY TOO FAR.
I don't understand. I play a full season then go to mypark with my player. Or I dont but work for badges/improvement and go to mypark. It is fine as a choice. Separating? What are you creating super park players from the get go. There should be work. Or is everyone on your team chucking to get better? No thanks. Game point and trying to get bones was enough of that for me this year. The grind should exist to make your player. If you explain how you can avoid those two things I am all in. For now Tweaking game play, seems just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »