Home

So uh how bout dem opening day rosters

This is a discussion on So uh how bout dem opening day rosters within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 10:09 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So uh how bout dem opening day rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Their communications and community relations are flat out crap. I've taken them to task myself all throughout this 2K17 cycle, and I'm not the only one.

But there is never, ever any excuse or rationale for going after any dev by name or even discussing their personal lives or family. I'm pretty amped up about that and I feel justified.

People need to check themselves on that stuff. It's out of line and should not be tolerated for one comment.
I don't think anyone was going after Beds's personal life. The rationale was that if the main roster developer has something going on that keeps them from handling their duties, 2K should have the resources to go "next man up" when it's time to push out updates.

But when it comes down to it I agree with you. Rather or not the roster guy had kids is not something that I as a gamer should be finding out about through a message board unless he tells us personally.

Leave the chill'ren out of it, people!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #74
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonimms
I don't think anyone was going after Beds's personal life. The rationale was that if the main roster developer has something going on that keeps them from handling their duties, 2K should have the resources to go "next man up" when it's time to push out updates.

But when it comes down to it I agree with you. Rather or not the roster guy had kids is not something that I as a gamer should be finding out about through a message board unless he tells us personally.

Leave the chill'ren out of it, people!
What happened was in the absence of information people here took the liberty of speculating about and discussing the personal life of a dev, and a former of member of this community on top of that (not that anyone deserves that invasion of privacy).

On top of that, they took their speculations as fact and then imagined they could comment on the inner workings of 2K's staffing and internal team management.

The absence of information to the community is 2K's responsibility.

The presumption of privilege to discuss personal lives and invasion of privacy to discuss the family life of a dev is 100% on people here. And that was flat out, full out, over the line.

I'm letting no one off the hook.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 PM   #75
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0

I have waited for this update to start playing this game since it came out. I like to start my league with opening day rosters. It would be nice if 2k at least keeps us informed about whats going on with the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #76
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

It's no secret he just had a baby. He posted pics on his twitter under 2k17 account. Yes his personal life is he busy tho.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 10-26-2016, 11:45 PM   #77
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
But you must admit still looks better than generic Domantas Sabonis
I don't know Speedy..That's a real close contest. lol

I do feel bad for 2k this year though as this "Early Tip-Off" release has been littered with issues. I pray that they never release 2k this early again if this is the result.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 10-27-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:27 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nobody said **** about beds or his personal life and people make assumptions about your team all the time. Put out a better product if you are so offended.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:32 AM   #79
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
Nobody said **** about beds or his personal life and people make assumptions about your team all the time. Put out a better product if you are so offended.
He isn't a developer, but a community member like the rest of us.

I think he overracted big time about people "speculating" on Beds' personal life. Him and his girlfriend/wife having a baby was public knowledge (he posted about it on his social media account which he also uses to communicate with the community), so people assumed (myself included) that he was on paternity leave.

That was the most reasonable and informed conclusion, but apparently the issue is a technical bug/glitch (one of many this development cycle, sadly) that many were unaware of.

It sucks that we'll be waiting an indefinite amount of time without any communication.

2K needs to do a whole lot better or a lot of people are going to bail on the series.....

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 10-27-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:33 AM   #80
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah it has to be a technical issue because Everytime they get asked about it on Twitter they completely ignore it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »