Home

Glitched 96-99 overall - RESET

This is a discussion on Glitched 96-99 overall - RESET within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #25
Rookie

ZBoo50's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Glitched 96-99 overall - RESET

They are still there in the park
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
They are still there in the park
Yep, unfortunately, I saw a bunch of 98 overalls running around the Xbox One park last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
That exploit wasn't illegal or cheating technically so legally they had no right to take back a product (attributes) with out refund of the spent VC
The exploit that people used to get to 98 overall is a violation of article #7 in the code of conduct section of 2K17's terms of service.

2K can do whatever they want to people's accounts, including terminating their online functionality, once people violate the terms of service:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K17 TOS
The Company may terminate or suspend any and all Online Services and any registered account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason, including if you breach any terms and conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Online Services will immediately cease.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-01-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
These threads frustrate me to no end. So you're all really more upset that people glitched to 95+ than you are about the free throw glitch? Just asking. It seems like 2K is spending time on fixing this issue a lot faster than something that has a monumental impact on gameplay. Someone being 98 is only as beneficial as the person on the sticks. But any dope can double tap a timeout and affect ALL players on the court.

Don't get me wrong, the attribute glitch is something that needs to be addressed, but please get your priorities straight. Probably the same people complaining about socks and compression shorts.
It is an advantage, the team I play on is Elite 3, we were top 25 before we stopped playing and none of us have 98s. What a 98 would mean for me is that my Lockdown defender would be able to hit threes, or post up. Or my Post scorer would have max playmaking which would make it harder to strip them. Having a 98 means you have 1 less weakness than your opponent and for elite teams that does matter, if it didn't matter it wouldn't be some stupid prize to win for grinding away in Mypark.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:16 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yep, unfortunately, I saw a bunch of 98 overalls running around the Xbox One park last night.

The exploit that people used to get to 98 overall is a violation of article #7 in the code of conduct section of 2K17's terms of service.

2K can do whatever they want to people's accounts, including terminating their online functionality, once people violate the terms of service:
You are right that they can do what ever they want with accounts.

I disagree however that the glitch was a violation of #7. I would not call that a cheat (because it definitely wasnt an spider, robot or other program). Plus in this instance it wasnt an account or online termination. It was a seizer of goods (VC). So this would fall under Take Two's Virtual Currency, Vitrual Goods setion of their EULA (http://www.take2games.com/eula)

Having said that Code of Conducts/EULAs do not override the law. Europe has some very strict consumer protections that Im willing to bet cause them to reverse their decision.

The ASA (Advertising Standards Authority ) has some pretty heavy power over there, and 2K is still working out kinks and still havent provided advertise modes/items (After Dark, Yeezy's, etc) that if people become vocal enough, will start investigating ( See No Man's Sky) (though admittedly this may be stretching it)

In any event I think 2K could have held firm with their decision, but if I had to guess their legal team weighed the options. Outside of that Im not sure why they reverted, unless the reset wave was not intended

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 11-01-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:49 PM   #29
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

The only reasonable thing to do is remove the limit and allow everyone to improve up to the 150 level hard cap.

Just more reason to be glad I care nothing about online or buying VC.

I grind and when that becomes unfun I just quit playing/buying the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »