Home

Archetypes in 2k18 for MyPark/MyCAREER or no?

This is a discussion on Archetypes in 2k18 for MyPark/MyCAREER or no? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 02:32 PM   #25
Banned

jax01's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Archetypes in 2k18 for MyPark/MyCAREER or no?

Idc how they do it just nerf the OP archetypes and badges (*cough* 2k17 sharpshooters). 2K needs to cheese-test their game more in a multiplayer setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #26
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
But they wouldn't be allowed to take them online, it's for careers only.
If people want the demigods for offline career - I'm cool with that and it would be very easy to do.

All they have to do is let you continue to earn attributes (make em Blue or something) that only boost you OFFLINE (to 99). When you go online, these boosts won't be there.

Someone made a thread about this idea once and it was pretty popular.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #27
Pro

No, just because of Park abusers and im talking strictly about sharpshooters and stretch bigs. Basically every game i play in Park is same, stretch big is used to set (moving) screens while sharpshooter knocks threes, better ones can knock 5 or 6 in row and you got yourself a game.

That is pure BS, on the other hand my slasher point guard has 3pt in mid 50s despite 95 rating, Park is currently favoring players who are shooters, not saying they can't be stopped but it takes great effort to evade moving screen just to play freaking defense, i created slasher because i wanted to replicate Kobe's career who also was slasher outta high school then later polished his post game but game wont allow that, what you are in high school that lasts whole career.

No more archetypes please 2k, just give us some number of upgrades and let us allocate those upgrades how we want, so if someone in future want to have 99 3pt, then let it have at expense of other attributes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 10-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #28
MVP

ph33's Arena

It's been mentioned in posts above, but count my vote for separating offline and online.

Pro AM needs to be more like NHL, and they also need better tuned and more archetypes. That way in walk on and Pro AM games we are equally rated, and teamwork will be what wins out, instead of giving a significant advantage to the team that had more time to grind or had more money.

For offline, I like the idea that others mentioned where there is no cap but still a certain about of attribute points to spend. And I'm cool allowing these guys to be taken to the park. But 5v5 needs to be the most sim experience they can offer.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
It's been mentioned in posts above, but count my vote for separating offline and online.

Pro AM needs to be more like NHL, and they also need better tuned and more archetypes. That way in walk on and Pro AM games we are equally rated, and teamwork will be what wins out, instead of giving a significant advantage to the team that had more time to grind or had more money.

For offline, I like the idea that others mentioned where there is no cap but still a certain about of attribute points to spend. And I'm cool allowing these guys to be taken to the park. But 5v5 needs to be the most sim experience they can offer.
I agree 100%. I say let people be what they want for park, but have Pro-AM give you archetypes for the most sim mode possible.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #30
Rookie

For mycareer tjis year, it seems like no matter what build and play type you make, your a pretty limited player with pretty much one go to move, and I understand that's because of mypark.

What about for 2k18 they have your attribute caps all maxed to like 94 or something and then your 2k card maxed at what the caps for each build are now

They already have that idea in place, with your secondary stats the one like stamina and that diffrent on your 2k card compared to your normal stats for mycareer.

It would let offline people be able to an elite player instead of a role player we maxed to stats wise now

Then you could still go online and it would be pretty balanced

If you compare most top players they are at least 80/90 in multiple areas, but if you try make a player off them your limited to pretty much one set to 90s and the rest 70s which makes you just a role player.

Don't wanna feel like I'm being needy, but it's just more exciting being a player like Davis, KD, Westbrook, Leonard, harden etc which you can't make.

I know you can also easily put up huge numbers points, rebounds, assist etc, but it is still limiting
Old 10-28-2016, 05:32 PM   #31
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveretteWarren
I agree 100%. I say let people be what they want for park, but have Pro-AM give you archetypes for the most sim mode possible.
I disagree! lol

I want park and pro-am the same... let people be demigods in offline mycareer.

Park can sometimes be way more fun than pro-am. Pro-am wants to be sim, but it isn't... at least park knows what it is and the archetypes help keep balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 06:11 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I disagree! lol

I want park and pro-am the same... let people be demigods in offline mycareer.

Park can sometimes be way more fun than pro-am. Pro-am wants to be sim, but it isn't... at least park knows what it is and the archetypes help keep balance.
I know but I hate being forced to play one playstyle being good at one thing. Limits the experience for me a little. I'd rather be who I want than what the game wants me to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »