Home

NBA 2K17 Remains a Solid Buy

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Remains a Solid Buy within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
"Assuming patches don't mess with that experience"....no need to assume now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 02:26 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Remains a Solid Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Pro-am is a "disasta". Lag outs every game, OVER POWERED SHARP SHOOTERS THREES, scrubs scoring 50 on ridiculous hand in face shots, moving screens, OP badges, a million hours to grind, etc. Cmon. Just play walk-on for a week and I guarantee you'll pull all your hair out. This game is a casual ballers DREAM. "You mean I can practically shoot 70% from 3's no matter my shot selection? Sign me up!"

And still 2K hasn't fixed the double team left bumper glitch. Why does CPU functionality even work in an online multiplayer mode. Makes zero sense. Someone calls for a screen, and my guys footplanting turns into quicksand because of the force field affect of the screen. Inexcusable.

2K16 gameplay > 2K17 gameplay
I don't really play online, as this year is just boring, so I'm a career guy who plays on HoF difficulty. Despite nearly everyone claiming that scrubs are racking up serious numbers whilst being heavily defended, I've yet to see any evidence of this fact.

I take a shot with someone near me in career and there's a good chance I'm getting a d/f grade shot even with HoF SS badges.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #27
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, the comment section on this article is about exactly how I figured it'd be before I clicked on it.

Can't even come to OS anymore without being drowned in negativity towards this game.

Seriously, why do you guys even own this game anymore if you hate it with this much passion? I would have sold it weeks ago if I felt same way you guys do.

Last edited by BA2929; 10-28-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:46 PM   #28
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Well, the comment section on this article is about exactly how I figured it'd be before I clicked on it.

Can't even come to OS anymore without being drowned in negativity towards this game.

Seriously, why do you guys even own this game anymore if you hate it with this much passion? I would have sold it weeks ago if I felt same way you guys do.
There is negativity towards the game because it is deserved. I would have sold mine weeks ago, too...if I hadn't purchased a digital copy. Lesson learned.
#WeAreND
Old 10-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #29
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Basically, the game has so much to offer...so many different modes, so many features in and out of game, it's impossible not to give 2K a "A" for its efforts.

I hear the pain of the online community, it seems they are the ones getting hit hard with glitches and bugs that make the game somewhat unplayable.

For a offline gamer such as myself, I enjoy the game. It seems each person plays the game their own way. Some people are HOF ballers who of course will go nuts for the cpu cheap tactics. Some people are constant slider adjusters or roster editors who are probably having a better time with the game than most. Some people are MyGM or MyLeauge gamers who edited the game to their liking. Some people play strickly MyPlayer. Some play MyTeam, some are simply casual players who play default everything with no tweaks.

With this years iteration of the game, there is something for everyone to enjoy(offline of course) and on the court, the game does play a nice game of basketball after you've made the proper edits and learned how to fully play the game.

I used to have a hard time dribbling, now I've learned when and where and against who I should use the dribble moves and I've gotten better. I've gotten better on defense and stoping a lot of the zip passes in the paint.(Although, after watching the real NBA the last 3 days, the game actually has it right to an extent. I saw it happen a ton against each team in the games I've watched so for it to happen 2 or 3 times a game seems realistic now)

Watching the real NBA games this week in general made me appreciate the game more. In my opinion, 2K actually had a lot of the shooter tendencies right from the jump. We complained about too many pull up 3s, step back jumpers and too much shooting in general. Well from the games I've watched, there have been a plethora of 3s, pull up transition 3s, step back 3s and every form of quick shooting possible and it was re-presented well at release to coincide with the league wide increase in scoring. Now we complained and what we got was 2K16.5 gameplay instead.

I definitely agree that the shooting numbers are a bit on the high side but thats my only complaint and I'm pretty close to my own personal remedy for that with sliders. The fast break game could use more work although my numbers come out good end game. I'm still not fond of the clunky TO menu system after 50 games. I still have a hard time navigating.

Everything else from the new animations, the new commentary, the presentation is now exactly like real life broadcast, the spacing, the rebounding, the post game, the live ball physics, the blocking and the way the players play like themselves has much improved this year over 2K16.

There is something to do for everyone whether you like to edit rosters, edit shoes and gear, play a fleshed out franchise with full practice, expansion and rule changes, play the fully customizable MyLeague, collect cards in MyTeam and we all know MyCareer even with its problems.

I'm confident that 2K will have the game at a playable state for everyone soon. Game has only been out a month, season has just started and all issues with the game are known and hopefully being worked on.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #30
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Some of it is definitely deserved. But I just find it funny how everytime someone speaks highly of the game while talking about THEIR experience, you see half of the forum go after that person like "Mannnn how in the world do you like that game? It's not even close to(insert hyperbole)" and people ready to force them to change their opinion of the game.

There was thread here where just last week(I think it was Smirkin Dirk)where that observation actually happened, lol.

2 months ago, folks were quick to shut down ANY negativity towards the game. 2 months later, now they're quick to shut down ANY positivity towards it.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #31
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

Idk man . You can be negative and not necessarily hate the game . I love 2k . But not being able to consistently play one of the main modes in the game is a big negative .

Other than that fun game.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #32
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

I disagree. The game to me is broken since the last patch was having great games before that. I'm a 2k lifer been playing since the first NBA 2k. I play on hof offline only and I I've tried but I can't play this until another patch comes to fix the gameplay issues. That smooth feel from day one is gone cpu defense is overpowering now, and for some reason my ball handling just feels off since the patch. Also this was a problem for me pre patch as well FOUL CALLS I'm getting waaay to many.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »