Home

Shot Creators way too Unrealistic

This is a discussion on Shot Creators way too Unrealistic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #33
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shot Creators way too Unrealistic

in that case my bad, normally when these topics show up, they are followed by the nerf plees then train .

but yea since I started watching the nets when they moved to Brooklyn, I loved joe. dude was /is the most clutch player when the time is right and he always knew how to play his man into getting a shot. dude is definitely underrated
Old 10-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
but yea since I started watching the nets when they moved to Brooklyn, I loved joe. dude was /is the most clutch player when the time is right and he always knew how to play his man into getting a shot. dude is definitely underrated
word. love his game. paul pierce as well. he had that ability to get to the spot he wanted whenever he wanted (sometimes in slow motion, lol).

smooth mid-range games are always fun to watch.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:59 PM   #35
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

Don't worry..Every archetype will eventually be nerfed into oblivion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 04:56 PM   #36
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3SH1
So I'm guessing some of you goofies on here think someone hitting contested leaner 3s at a 75% rate is normal. Maybe I'm getting too old for 2K games. This games has been passed away to these young kids. Sim basketball is no more. We could've just stayed and supported nba live if I knew this would be the result years later. Arcade basketball in new form.
This is why online and offline need to be patched separately.

Online kids want to make 75% from 3, but at the same time they complain if someone else does it against them. So 2k randomly fixes some part of it to appease the most vocal group and it leads to other complaints from someone else.

That type of attitude should not force itself into my MyLeague. Sliders exist there for a reason. Fix online separately and let those people deal with the consequences of their complaints and wishes.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:01 PM   #37
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Spin Jumper and Fades are the soup du jour. Scary thing if anyone else figures out the amount of space and misdirection that can be created with hop jumpers and step jumpers
I was doing them in 16 and I find they animated smoother and faster in 16. I'm trying them in 17 and many of the hop jumper techniques are Hella slow and mechanical.. I'm not ruling out all of them because a few do animate well.

In 16 I wasn't shooting it in a smooth transition however because the reward rate for that shot is not as effective and generous as 17 is. I would use the stepback and dudes would lose so much ground but I'd then wait for my shooter to gather and maintain his dribble then use his stationary jumper.

In 16 majority (99.9%) only used the hop jumper to cheese side to side hesitation animations. It's funny that you have a higher chance for success now and majority of gamers still don't know how to maximize the scoring chances with off dribble hop jumper shots.

Using a Sharshooter in 16 you could pull it off at a decent clip but it's not something you could attempt as often as you do in 17 with a high level of success. I'd prefer to see people get on top of it but I didn't reveal my hop jumper techniques in 16 lol and still won't in 17.

Another great weapon I'm working on is the Tear Dropper. I do have a gripe however re; the feel that the block gather and block launch for anticipating defenders (especially bigs) at the rim animates way too quick - quicker than the tear drop or running floater animation.

The anticipating defender should have realistic reaction times. The animation interacrtion and sequence isnt currently simulating how it plays out in reality of the sport. I want to see the advantage given to the Offense for these close moving shots. The defender would have to jump early to block me in anciipating on such a high floating shot.

*if I'm not careful aiming the stick my dude will perform a Euro which can be very annoying and unfortunate. I have to make sure I'm direct at 6 and not waver to 5 or 7. It wasn't this sensitive in 16. I also feel the animations speeds for moving close shots has thrown us for a regression in 17 compared to how fast they animated in 16.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I was doing them in 16 and I find they animated smoother and faster in 16. I'm trying them in 17 and many of the hop jumper techniques are Hella slow and mechanical.. I'm not ruling out all of them because a few do animate well.
That's pretty disappointing to hear considering 2K has literally never had good mid-range jumpers, etc. The problem with the special shots over the years is they are too slow, create no space because the defense is too fast/recover ability is too high and they are predictable and mechanical. The ability to create space with a subtle move has just never been there in the series, IMO.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:35 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
lol. Spin jumpers have been spammed since they were first introduced in 2K. I've played hundreds of online matches and can't remember ever seeing a single stepback or sidestep jumper (ever...over the many years since they've been in).

Also still waiting to see someone go for a reverse layup on a drive. lol

I try them all the time but they always get blocked much more efficient in this to just try and power through for a regular layup or dunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I try them all the time but they always get blocked much more efficient in this to just try and power through for a regular layup or dunk
Certain situations they can be effective. I usually get one or two a game with small guards like Ish Smith or Isiah Canaan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »