Home

is it me or has the "Live Ball" Been toned down from launch?

This is a discussion on is it me or has the "Live Ball" Been toned down from launch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
is it me or has the "Live Ball" Been toned down from launch?

Live ball being that when the ball makes contact with another player, the ball handler loses it and it now on the floor rolling for whoever to pick it up?

for the first time in a month i started using my LDD again and i remember when people used to turbo into me or dribble into me, it was like a easy steal or pick up for me. Now i use him and its like people are no longer punished (or as much ) for being morons with the ball?

example? i faced a playmaker today who really used all his time and energy in trying to cross me up. and at one point he dribbled literally into me multiple times and left righted into me 4 times /turboed and he still had full control of the ball. like WTF? punish these cats for being stupid.

i see people lose the ball for doing light stuff, but then red flag things like that dont get punished? please.

things like this is why i guess people say the free feel or the skill gap is going away .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: is it me or has the "Live Ball" Been toned down from launch?

It absolutely has. There are times now that you can actually dribble through a players body without losing control of the ball. I think the issue is two fold. Since the updates it seems like they went away from the original feel of the game where you had more freedom of control and tuned the game back to being more controlled by animation systems. In doing so there are many times where you will get suctioned into a situation or angle that you had no intention of being in and therefore more apt to have the ball at an awkward angle. If they kept the liveliness of the ball how it was I imagine that many games would just be a huge turnover fest among lower skilled players. Seems like they tried to get away from controlling the game for you in the beginning but since have felt they needed to revert back to the game playing more closely to past iterations. Very sad for me personally.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:33 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: is it me or has the "Live Ball" Been toned down from launch?

No it's not just you 2K has almost eradicated it!

I've blocked a shot, my hand goes through it and it goes in.

Guess who's back, not live ball.

Now for the CPU it will be live ball all day against users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »