Home

Spamming square at the Park should never get rewarded

This is a discussion on Spamming square at the Park should never get rewarded within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #17
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Spamming square at the Park should never get rewarded

I love spamming the square button with HOF pick pocket. So easy to rip a big man down low or playmakers doing there infamous stepback/snatchbark moves.
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Old 10-31-2016, 02:09 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
The worst is when you get the guy in the air with an up and under but their body puts you in a stumble animation causing a strip, a block or makes a bad shot animation.

Being a Post Scoring 6'11 PF, this KILLS me... I get the guy in the air do my up and under and either his hip blocks me of my under move brings the ball into his body and I strip myself. It eats at me at me and makes me furious. SMH
Old 10-31-2016, 02:18 PM   #19
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

its funny when i play with my SF. people run at me spamming square and im yelling in my mic, IM A ******* SF. STOP IT.

i wish 2k would use that event court once a week to use it as a "Beta" Court (think house rules) but with the park normal rules + a new /future idea that would be added to park. and use that day (or weekend) to see what the community thinks of it.

so for example, the beta park would be used to test the 4 team fouls = free throws thing just to see what would happen
Old 11-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #20
Pro

Spamming the steal button is a huge problem in all game modes that I have played, its not limited to park!

Its some peoples whole defensive philosophy and their only hope at playing defense.

Theres almost zero penalty of spamming the steal button but it has a huge effect on the offensive player. The biggest of which is probably that it throws you into an animation about 70% of the time no matter what you do. And when in those animations, you cant do anything at all, but hope that you make it through the animation without losing the ball.

This may be the second worse game breaking thing after moving screens.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #21
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

They should make it where if you tap square too many times, it causes auto foul, which will force players to use the sticks which will require timing, skill, and rating to determine success rate of a steal. As for strips in the paint, I feel it should be a 80% foul rate for non LDD players. It will make bigs a force to be reckon with, and the only way to lose the ball is when they are posting you down and you time the ball poke.

Giving trash players a bailout for the spamming will lead to more problems. I already have a problem with 2k calling fouls on shots when you run by them with no contact or forced fouls when they drive the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
Spamming the steal button is a huge problem in all game modes that I have played, its not limited to park!

Its some peoples whole defensive philosophy and their only hope at playing defense.

Theres almost zero penalty of spamming the steal button but it has a huge effect on the offensive player. The biggest of which is probably that it throws you into an animation about 70% of the time no matter what you do. And when in those animations, you cant do anything at all, but hope that you make it through the animation without losing the ball.

This may be the second worse game breaking thing after moving screens.
The thing is, you are not penalized for it at the park as you're in other game modes where u can get to the line or foul out.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #23
Rookie

They should go back to 2K14 MyPark rules. 6 Fouls and you get kicked
Old 11-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLxBanks
The thing is, you are not penalized for it at the park as you're in other game modes where u can get to the line or foul out.
I agree with you, Im just stating that it is also just as much of a problem in other modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »