Home

NBA 2K17 Patch 1.05 Coming Soon, Fixes Roster Update Issue, Pro-Am & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Patch 1.05 Coming Soon, Fixes Roster Update Issue, Pro-Am & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #57
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Patch 1.05 Coming Soon, Fixes Roster Update Issue, Pro-Am & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
Toned down in what modes? I feel you miss enough wide open 3's as is since patch 1.04. How much more does shooting need to be nerfed because guys can't play defense?
You jumped to the assumption that I cannot play defense. I was simply asking the guy what kind of shots he is getting, because I have seen from many people "How is this not going in" while they are taking an absolutely terrible shot. He said he is playing on All-Star and can't shoot above 40%. I didn't want to judge him immediately, but my first thought is "The player is the problem if they can't shoot over 40% on All-Star" which is why I was curious as to what sort of shot he is getting.

If somebody is going to come in and say "Shooting has been nerfed" I damn well want to see why they think shooting has been nerfed, because if you're going to try and be a voice for change, then I need to see if your point has any validity or if you need to be enlightened on what a good shot is.

Last edited by ph33; 10-30-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #58
MVP

Re: Next NBA 2K17 Patch to fix roster update issue, Pro-AM & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Defense, and double team logic (cant speak for the rest of A.C.E) have been confirmed to have been addressed in patch 1.05 in a thread just like this one.

As observant as guys are here, I'm shocked at how often this stuff is missed.
We were talking about releasing patch notes, and being more specific. Making a forum post about what's being addressed may or may not make it in the "patch notes" or even in the patch.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #59
Rookie

People think lockdown defender is a automatic license to make people miss. Someone shooting a contested animation in my face might shoot 5-10% doing it. If you dont block a shot then theres a chance of the ball going in the hoop. Hell, Devin Harris hit a contested 3 from 74 feet off balance to win a game, I'm guessing people would be complaining like hell if that happened in 2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #60
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
That was me and I've had a lot of people hit shots on my lockdown defender that actually activated my HOF defensive stopper badge and said good shot defense, bad shots like the one I posted. The player that made that shot was a 6'5 playmaker with short arms over a 6'8 lockdown defender with max wingspan. That was shot clock cheese, a fadeaway 21 foot shot without a live dribble and a hand in their face? Come on. It's not 25%, it's a lot closer to 50-50 on bad shots vs my HOF badge.

I don't expect to stop everything, but there have been too many times where I'm playing with my teammates and someone puts up a terrible shot with me draped all over them and everyone goes "WHAATTTTTTTTT" when it goes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
People think lockdown defender is a automatic license to make people miss. Someone shooting a contested animation in my face might shoot 5-10% doing it. If you dont block a shot then theres a chance of the ball going in the hoop. Hell, Devin Harris hit a contested 3 from 74 feet off balance to win a game, I'm guessing people would be complaining like hell if that happened in 2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry but in his post he clearly says he doesn't think that . I said it . You're hearing this straight from the LDDs themselves. Beluba has tweeted that shooting percentage is too high. What more needs to be said.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0153.PNG (375.8 KB, 357 views)
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-30-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #61
Banned

KawhiMamba's Arena

Is there an ETA of this patch? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #62
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

No doubt, the corner 3 needs adjusted. I have seen every archetype make a 3 from there. Some contested some open.

Also, pick dodger does absolutely nothing positive for me. I have it on gold, and I noticed no difference for me between gold and not having it. Maybe the screen update will help it.

Also, regarding the video/gif above, there's no reason that shot should have went in. I also have seen plenty of contested shots that should not have went in with my LDD with HOF badges, mind-blowing.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Old 10-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #63
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiculous
No doubt, the corner 3 needs adjusted. I have seen every archetype make a 3 from there. Some contested some open.

Also, pick dodger does absolutely nothing positive for me. I have it on gold, and I noticed no difference for me between gold and not having it. Maybe the screen update will help it.

Also, regarding the video/gif above, there's no reason that shot should have went in. I also have seen plenty of contested shots that should not have went in with my LDD with HOF badges, mind-blowing.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
And to expound on that clip, I'm fine if that's a once every 2-3 games scenario. As it was said, This is basketball. Wide ooen shots from exceptional shooters brick sometimes. Sometimes Highly contested prayers splash. That's understandable.

Sometimes you roll the dice on a hail Mary and get a natural 20. Sometimes you critical fail. C'est la vie.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #64
Rookie

robertjkeeton1978's Arena

Does anyone know when the patch will happen?? Waiting to start myleague. Need the missing players to start it up.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »