Home

Play types incorrect

This is a discussion on Play types incorrect within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2016, 06:35 AM   #1
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Play types incorrect

Haven't seen a topic on this and I think it needs to be addressed. Plenty of plays assigned to a player are not designed for that particular player. A play a center has might be a 24 post where the SG feeds the pf for a post up. This really makes roster editing even more difficult. We can't just edit the touches slider but now we have to edit playbooks.

The issue seems to be the amount of plays. A playbook can only hold so many plays so when the plays run out for a particular player they find the next closest thing. The game engine determines that a PF low post play is the next closest thing to a Center low post play and fills that in. There may be more pressing issues but this has made the editing process so much longer for me and probably other's. I'd love to hear anyone else's feedback, including 2K's.

I'm sure there's more problems revolving around this topic as I've heard in the past but it's one thing if a team is running a different play as opposed to what they run in real life compared to running a play for an entirely different player. I'm still trying to support 2K as I believe they have a great staff of guys trying to improve this game, but for every thing they drastically improve there always seems to be another aspect that is going backwards.

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »