Home

Potential Box Out Issue Down Low

This is a discussion on Potential Box Out Issue Down Low within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 01:13 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Potential Box Out Issue Down Low

I like when you're fighting hard to get a boxout for the board. You're playing that game where you're trying to avoid the three second call, use your body and strength to get the right animations to position yourself, you're get in absolutely perfect position, and your guy will refuse to get the boxout.

It will be hilarious, because for that split second I'll be absolutely infuriated that I've done everything correctly (from a user standpoint) until I see the ball go through the hoop and I realize 2K already knew the shot was going to drop.

It's been like that for 2 years for me.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:46 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I like when you're fighting hard to get a boxout for the board. You're playing that game where you're trying to avoid the three second call, use your body and strength to get the right animations to position yourself, you're get in absolutely perfect position, and your guy will refuse to get the boxout.

It will be hilarious, because for that split second I'll be absolutely infuriated that I've done everything correctly (from a user standpoint) until I see the ball go through the hoop and I realize 2K already knew the shot was going to drop.

It's easier to box-out if your box-out rating and strength are higher.

Big difference from 30 to 50 for me.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:54 AM   #11
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTaylor
It's easier to box-out if your box-out rating and strength are higher.

Big difference from 30 to 50 for me.
So they gimp everyone else lower? Makes no damn sense....the game is all about position and the game dictates that my player is to damn weak and stupid to be in the right position. I shouldn't be penalized if I have great position for a rebound.

Might as well put the controller down and let the cpu play. That's how it feels like sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 08:08 AM   #12
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

i know what you mean
Old 11-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #13
Rookie

In order to avoid it, you have to move your Left Stick towards the guy you are boxing out and also you have to follow his movements, like if he starts moving to the left, push your stick towards him and slightly to the left.
If you don't move your LS, the guy will push you and eventually go around you and you will loose the boxout position.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse

My soul felt this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitles
In order to avoid it, you have to move your Left Stick towards the guy you are boxing out and also you have to follow his movements, like if he starts moving to the left, push your stick towards him and slightly to the left.
If you don't move your LS, the guy will push you and eventually go around you and you will loose the boxout position.
This was the only thing i could do to combat this, and I guess it adds more skill to the game, but sometimes I just wanna box out in one place under the rim lol.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Yes it's been an issue like 2 years at least. You may see your player boxing out a ghost out of bounds which is odd a lot. Im talking boxout asist at 0. I hope this may be worked out,too.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #16
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

I haven't really had a problem with the box out, rather the pushing movement smaller players use to prevent blocks rebounds and defense is what irittatedbme

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »