Home

Anyone able to test Defensive stopper or read the code for it?

This is a discussion on Anyone able to test Defensive stopper or read the code for it? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone able to test Defensive stopper or read the code for it?

My question is what exactly do they mean by 'similarly positioned players'. Is that guard on guard? 1s can only take away badges from other 1s?

Last year I made a SF and grinded out perimeter and post lockdown defender. I loved it. And I'm wondering if SFs can do this this year as well. Be able to take away badges from everyone 1 through 5. And if they can, what about a bigger SG? Or a smaller PF?

I'm really torn whether to make my LDD a shooting guard or a small forward. And I'm wondering if anyone knows how exactly the badge works this year. If I can make a 6'5 SG be able to make a 7'3s badges useless, then that's what I'm making. If I have to settle for a 6'8 SF I will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone able to test Defensive stopper or read the code for it?

As far as I can tell my badge negates everything if I'm close, it also activates when I'm not even doing anything. With a lockdown defender you're the bermuda triangle, the game seems to count you being near anyone as pressure so weird things happen to offensive players around you. Guys will throw simple passes out of bounds, if you're near them in a crowd they will lose their dribble.

I have a 6'8 small forward that plays primarily at power forward, and I make 7'3" big men miss shots at the rim all the time, and I can cause really bad misses from sharpshooters too. So it seems like the defensive stopper badge covers everything.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
As far as I can tell my badge negates everything if I'm close, it also activates when I'm not even doing anything. With a lockdown defender you're the bermuda triangle, the game seems to count you being near anyone as pressure so weird things happen to offensive players around you. Guys will throw simple passes out of bounds, if you're near them in a crowd they will lose their dribble.

I have a 6'8 small forward that plays primarily at power forward, and I make 7'3" big men miss shots at the rim all the time, and I can cause really bad misses from sharpshooters too. So it seems like the defensive stopper badge covers everything.
Yes agree with this - i'm a 7'3" paint Protector and I too seem to cause random turnovers when in the vicinity. Even shots I am contesting late as defensive support (ie not my man) seem to be affected regularly by my presence.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Rookie

What about in park?

Kind of where I'm looking to shutdown
Old 11-01-2016, 07:19 PM   #5
MVP

I have done some testing in MyCareer and Play Now. With my 6'7" PF LDD Defensive Stopper triggers when onball defending SF,PF,C(when im at PF). That part about similar position seems to be relative to the posotion you are playing. My PF sometimes get put at SG and Defensive Stopper triggers. In Play Now i had Gary Payton at PG and when i placed Greg Monroe(Center) at PG Defensive Stopper would trigger. I havent been able to test this in Pro Am but if a LDD changes position DS should trigger on there matchup.

With the closeouts in Park on players who arent your matchup its probably the high Shot Contest. Just played a park game against a 7'3" Stretch Big, all HOF badges, closeout on a corner 3 and he airballs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
I have done some testing in MyCareer and Play Now. With my 6'7" PF LDD Defensive Stopper triggers when onball defending SF,PF,C(when im at PF). That part about similar position seems to be relative to the posotion you are playing. My PF sometimes get put at SG and Defensive Stopper triggers. In Play Now i had Gary Payton at PG and when i placed Greg Monroe(Center) at PG Defensive Stopper would trigger. I havent been able to test this in Pro Am but if a LDD changes position DS should trigger on there matchup.

With the closeouts in Park on players who arent your matchup its probably the high Shot Contest. Just played a park game against a 7'3" Stretch Big, all HOF badges, closeout on a corner 3 and he airballs.
Hmm. Interesting. Thanks for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »