Home

Are you buying 2k18 at launch?

This is a discussion on Are you buying 2k18 at launch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2016, 10:56 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Are you buying 2k18 at launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I meant that Live is so irrelevant that people need to stop pretending that its existence will somehow "push" 2K Sports to make better games.

2K Sports is in a league of their own.
Although you're right, 2K will still be on the ball once Live begins making games again. Mark my words, next year we will be getting crazy new features, detailed developer blogs, and early information. Then all of the posts will be "R.I.P. Live". I've been on this forum too long lol. When 2K gets pushed, they deliver-historically speaking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #66
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I doubt I get it on Day 1 next year. Not because I'm not having fun with it (I am) or to "teach 2k a lesson" (they aren't going to learn anything from 1,000 people not pre-ordering), but because I really haven't wanted to put time into a basketball game when basketball season didn't start until a month after the game released. Release it a week or so before the season starts and I'll probably get it Day 1. Release it in September again and I'll wait.

Also, I'm going to bookmark this thread and come back to it when the game releases next year and see how many of you held true to your "No way I pre-order!" claims.

Guarantee 90% of you still get it on Day 1. Some of you just can't help yourselves.

Last edited by BA2929; 11-02-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 4

2k is an abusive relationship, yes I will come back.

Its the same stuff every year.

Being honest though, this was the shortest honeymoon period I had with a 2k. Normally last 2-3weeks. This year lasted barely a week before legacy issues showed its ugly face.

I am honesty waiting for live to release. I dont care if it doesnt have all the bells and whistle, just give me bball.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:23 PM   #68
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Are you buying 2k18 at launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I doubt I get it on Day 1 next year. Not because I'm not having fun with it (I am) or to "teach 2k a lesson" (they aren't going to learn anything from 1,000 people not pre-ordering), but because I really haven't wanted to put time into a basketball game when basketball season didn't start until a month after the game released. Release it a week or so before the season starts and I'll probably get it Day 1. Release it in September again and I'll wait.

Also, I'm going to bookmark this thread and come back to it when the game releases next year and see how many of you held true to your "No way I pre-order!" claims.

Guarantee 90% of you still get it on Day 1. Some of you just can't help yourselves.
Every September I think to myself "Wow there are too many games to play"

I will be sure to cut down on that next year!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:50 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I meant that Live is so irrelevant that people need to stop pretending that its existence will somehow "push" 2K Sports to make better games.

2K Sports is in a league of their own.
People seem to forget, though, that Live was in 2K's position not that long ago. I remember those years vividly. It wasn't until around 2K4 to 2K8 that a lot of people switched over to 2K, and then 2K10 and beyond it's been all 2K.

I wouldn't count on Live being irrelevant at all if they actually start delivering a quality basketball game. It's all about how much they want to push it. NBA Live 10 is one of the best basketball games ever. They certainly have the capability to do it big and EA has endless resources.

I for one hope they do make a new quality game and it's simulation-based. They can compete with 2K just like 2K did with them back in the day. And competition does benefit us all.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:15 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
If I didn't play MyPark/Pro-Am, I wouldn't buy it.

But the way MyPark/Pro-Am works, you kind of have to buy it in order to continue playing with friends or participate in competitions.

I'm crossing my fingers that NBA Live will finally make a comeback.... its desperately needed as 2k clearly is taking advantage of the lack of competition.
Last time live took time off it was still horrible

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2001
Last time live took time off it was still horrible

Yet when they tried hard to make a quality/sim game, they delivered NBA Live 10 which is likely the best sim basketball game ever (IMO...2K7/8 and College Hoops 2K8 are up there as well..). It was also the first NBA video game to use real Synergy Sports data, aka analytics, in a year before they were as huge as they are today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 12:23 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Yet when they tried hard to make a quality/sim game, they delivered NBA Live 10 which is likely the best sim basketball game ever (IMO...2K7/8 and College Hoops 2K8 are up there as well..). It was also the first NBA video game to use real Synergy Sports data, aka analytics, in a year before they were as huge as they are today.
I stopped playin live after 05/06. Didnt pick up my first 2k game was college hoops 2k5 then 2k8 (both college hoops and nba). Then stopped playin 2k until 11 then stopped again until 15 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »