Home

Are you buying 2k18 at launch?

This is a discussion on Are you buying 2k18 at launch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 10:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6

With how broken this game is I'm curious how many of you plan to buy the game next year the day it's released? There's no chance I get this at launch, not after this mess, especially with how little info they release on the game, before I had confidence in them but that has completely vanished. They knowingly released a broken game with a ton of bugs and gameplay issues, they didn't even let official gameplay videos of the game come out until a few days before release. That will not cut it anymore for me at least, this used to be a pre-order for me, now I'll probably get it 2-3 months and about 5-6 patches after they work all the bugs out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 11:14 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Are you buying 2k18 at launch?

If they release early like they did this year....NO. If they go back on schedule...maybe...
Old 11-01-2016, 11:16 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

People always say they wont, but most end up right here on day 1...game in hand..

As dissapointed as I have been so far this year, I'm not going to kid myself.... it'll take a complete disaster as far as the patches go for me not to pre order 2K18
Old 11-01-2016, 11:21 PM   #4
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
People always say they wont, but most end up right here on day 1...game in hand..

As dissapointed as I have been so far this year, I'm not going to kid myself.... it'll take a complete disaster as far as the patches go for me not to pre order 2K18

I'm one of those people. I said this year I was waiting till Christmas but Lo and Behold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DatGuy12x2; 11-02-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:38 PM   #5
MVP

People this game is in need of many improvements every year to start. This has happened for a few years now. I can still enjoy this game but I can still go back to 2K14 on pc with all my mods just as easily. I expect 2k18 to have a similar launch and many will pre order that for two reasons. 1. By the the end of this game's cycle, this will likely be a different game in terms of feel and 2. People will have NBA Live to play, praise, slander, or complain about no matter how much Lives improves. These 2 things will cause many to briefly forget their issues with 2K, just long enough to whip out their wallet one more time. I project 2K will see a slight decline in sales next year overall. We will see.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I wont, I hadn't bought a 2k on release day until last year, I've been mostly an offline player up until 2k16 & 17.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #7
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

This is my last year unless they separate the tuning for different game modes. Then it's a maybe. It's tough being an offline guy and the game changes so much with every tuner and patch (pass speeds, player movement and control, shot success, etc). Game feels solid one day, I get sliders right where I want them, and then it seems like every few times I fire the game up it feels completely different. I am normally not consistently happy with the gameplay until late in the cycle. Being a game where people primarily play online has really taken away my love for 2k, as it seems like now it is all about "preventing cheese" rather than just focusing on making a well playing game.

My suggestion would be to leave options for using tuning updates and patches for offline players. Add the ability to roll back to earlier versions. I don't need my game affected because of all the online garbage. Having the digital version means we can't delete any patches.

I think it is NHL that allows users to chose between any of the tuners released. I could be wrong, as I don't play that series, but I think I read that somewhere. Would be a nice feature to have.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:52 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

I never get this day 1 always a month or two after release. Only reason i got it a few days after release is cause it was a gift

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »