Home

NBA 2K17 for PS4 Pro

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 for PS4 Pro within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 for PS4 Pro

Anybody else on ps4 pro missing passing icons? I played yesterday on regular ps4 and everything was normal. On the pro there are none. I toggled them off and on and no change. All the other icons show up like when I run a play though. It's weird
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt8732
Anybody else on ps4 pro missing passing icons? I played yesterday on regular ps4 and everything was normal. On the pro there are none. I toggled them off and on and no change. All the other icons show up like when I run a play though. It's weird
Yes, it is pretty much game-breaking for someone who has used passing icons for years.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #43
Rookie

This gotta be patched ASAP I tweeted Wang and the 2k page but no response so far. I'm a big icon passer. I'm going to have to put the game down unail it's patched �� main reason I even bought the pro
Old 11-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #44
Rookie

People with the ps4 pro, how smooth is mypark now?
Old 11-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #45
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt8732
This gotta be patched ASAP I tweeted Wang and the 2k page but no response so far. I'm a big icon passer. I'm going to have to put the game down unail it's patched �� main reason I even bought the pro
Try 1080p mode maybe without HDR
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Try 1080p mode maybe without HDR
I don't think you get the option (unless I missed it), I think it is set automatically based on what console you are using.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #47
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

How drastic is the difference in 4K and HDR?
Old 11-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #48
Pro

just did the graphics test for the pro. First I played a play now game on the OG PS4 watched a bit of the intros and played almost a half. I then played the game on the Pro using the same teams, same arena same settings. Also the tv settings were set to be exactly the same which is a 65in curved 4k. The best TV Samsung made 2 years ago but it does not support HDR.

The Results: I watched the boot up intro both times on both systems. Exactly the same, no difference in quality or resolution. Could not really notice a difference in the menus. Then, I played the game. First I noticed Shaq and the crew were looking nice but I wanted to make sure I was not projecting so I waited for the gameplay. First while playing on the OG ps4 offline mode the game already looks great and I was thinking to myself that it probably could not make that big of an impact. But I was wrong. Once I started playing it was instantly and powerfully noticeable. I really can't believe how much better it did look. Almost total elimination of Jaggies, not just on the players themselves but EVERY character in the arena. The crowd has some real depth to it you can look into the stands and pick out details. The game just looks so clean overall. The players also just feel more lifelike, in the OG version while playing it was hard to see the players faces at times, but now you can see the detail in their emotion from a distance and while the camera pans up close you can make out the rivets in the skin, hair follicles, and more details in the clothing/shoes. I have been a supporter of the Pro and was confident in my purchase but I honestly am even still surprised as this game in particular has exceeded my expectations in graphics.

Now on another note: what the other commentators are saying is true, the icons are not showing up during icon passing which obviously is a glitch because they do show when calling for pick control but it is a big problem and damages the gameplay. Needs to be patched ASAP.

Last edited by BQ32; 11-10-2016 at 05:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »