Home

A.C.E has to be the laughable feature on this game 2K is proud of.

This is a discussion on A.C.E has to be the laughable feature on this game 2K is proud of. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #17
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: A.C.E has to be the laughable feature on this game 2K is proud of.

Whilst the OPs GIFs are nice, I don't find them a compelling argument.

Let me point out many of the ways ACE is positively impacting the game. And whilst nobody has pointed out what mode they play when they criticise it, positive impressions have to. I play ML exclusively.

1. CPU pick and roll coverage. It varies team by team, player by player. I know the Nets drop Lopez back, but teams with quick bigs will hedge. I play with Paul they go over, I play with Felton they go under. Sometimes they double. Teams like the Bucks and Warriors will switch.

2. If I hit that open 18 footer on a non-hedging big, they will soon bring up to hedge the PNR.

3.Late game sitautions. They switch the PNRs and will often throw double teams to get the ball out of my PGs hands.

4. Cross matching. Often they put their best on ball defender on my CP. In ML, I have set rotations so teams will go small particulary at the 4. So I think I have a mismatch down low with Griffin. Often they put their 5 on my 4 to counteract this.

5. They sag off non-shooters. Often Ive come against a wall in the paint. I go into replay and sure enough Mbah a Moute's defender has ignored him to pwn me.

6. DOuble teams. Sure they can sometimes come off a good shooter, but they have been toned down since the game dropped and I find most of them within context and off bad shooters.

7. Ive seen some teams flash zone for a possession or 2.

8. Offensively they recognise and exploit mismatches on the post.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk

Let me point out many of the ways ACE is positively impacting the game. And whilst nobody has pointed out what mode they play when they criticise it, positive impressions have to. I play ML exclusively.

1. CPU pick and roll coverage. It varies team by team, player by player. I know the Nets drop Lopez back, but teams with quick bigs will hedge. I play with Paul they go over, I play with Felton they go under. Sometimes they double. Teams like the Bucks and Warriors will switch.

2. If I hit that open 18 footer on a non-hedging big, they will soon bring up to hedge the PNR.

3.Late game sitautions. They switch the PNRs and will often throw double teams to get the ball out of my PGs hands.

4. Cross matching. Often they put their best on ball defender on my CP. In ML, I have set rotations so teams will go small particulary at the 4. So I think I have a mismatch down low with Griffin. Often they put their 5 on my 4 to counteract this.

5. They sag off non-shooters. Often Ive come against a wall in the paint. I go into replay and sure enough Mbah a Moute's defender has ignored him to pwn me.

6. DOuble teams. Sure they can sometimes come off a good shooter, but they have been toned down since the game dropped and I find most of them within context and off bad shooters.

A lot of guys play online so the experience against the cpu ai and what people do online are completely different. the cpu sets plays and runs the freelance system whereas online guys turbo and just lead pass to the paint. The ace system is bugged when guys don't know how to box out or play help defense because guys don't run plays or follow the freelance system. When plays are set the ai knows where to go and box out right. whereas online guys are cutting and the ai just let's them pass through without contact.

I believe ace works offline against cpu because the game understands plays and freelance. You don't have that online. You can't change sliders or adjust anything so when you argue with other guys who play online modes, it's pointless.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:

I was talking from My Career

I don't know what the guy was talking about when he said with a smile that they managed to lower our PPG like why is that something to be proud of?

A.C.E doesn't work for on My Career because all it seems to do is raise their hard fouls to 99. If the ball ends up in the paint theirs a 99% chance the CPU is going to the foul line. Also on screens my teammates never help, and I don't know how to change those settings in My Career. So yes to me, the A.C.E is a failure. Nobody in the league double teams the way the CPU does in this game. It's ridiculous. I understand traps offs screens but as soon as I cross the half court line, the defender leaves his man to double me. Who does that?

As for other modes, I don't use it, I make my own adjustments. So I don't really see the benefit of it, when the game outsmarts itself
Old 11-05-2016, 07:24 PM   #20
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPAGA
I was talking from My Career

I don't know what the guy was talking about when he said with a smile that they managed to lower our PPG like why is that something to be proud of?
I think they got sick of people bragging about averaging 60ppg, 25rph and 12 apg on 76% shooting.

Quote:
A.C.E doesn't work for on My Career because all it seems to do is raise their hard fouls to 99. If the ball ends up in the paint theirs a 99% chance the CPU is going to the foul line.
That's not ACE.

Quote:
Also on screens my teammates never help, and I don't know how to change those settings in My Career.
They never hedge?

Quote:
but as soon as I cross the half court line, the defender leaves his man to double me. Who does that?
What are you averaging? Are you dominating the ball?
Old 11-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #21
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
A lot of guys play online so the experience against the cpu ai and what people do online are completely different. the cpu sets plays and runs the freelance system whereas online guys turbo and just lead pass to the paint. The ace system is bugged when guys don't know how to box out or play help defense because guys don't run plays or follow the freelance system. When plays are set the ai knows where to go and box out right. whereas online guys are cutting and the ai just let's them pass through without contact.
In all honesty, I don't know why anyone would look for a sim experience from online versus.

ACE would need 10+ years of development to account for all the stuff online dudes can pull.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Jeez, you're a better man than I am. I have no reason to believe that this game will be any good after the patch, but I'm waiting with hope rather than expectation. This is current gen game, being governed by the same bs on last gen but with shinier graphical representations.. How long can people realistically be expected to just lap this up each year. I really hope that a new engine is being built because lipstick on a pig is still a pig.
I agree, this is the same old stuff that was on PS3, the CPU doesn't box out when the shot is in the air and it's going in, I remember that being in as far back as 2k11. So many PS3/360 legacy issues in this game.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
I think they got sick of people bragging about averaging 60ppg, 25rph and 12 apg on 76% shooting.
Oh I see, but anybody can do that on a Rookie setting. What I notice different this year are the sliders. Each difficulty has their own sliders. They went the Madden route

Quote:
That's not ACE.
Oh I see, well whatever it is it's really bad. It's only for My Career because you can't control the whole team

Quote:
They never hedge?
Never, I try go over or under and the CPU just reacts to the buttons I press and theres literally no help defense, and I call for a trap my teammates become insubordinate and disobey my commands. And I hate it when I get sucked into the animation when I try to beat the screen and avoid it

Quote:
What are you averaging? Are you dominating the ball?
Right now 34 ppg 16 apg shooting 56% from the field but thats because I mostly get my points at the foul line. I only take open midranges off screens until the CPU brings the double team cheese then it's time to rack up them assists
Old 11-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #24
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

so what is A.C.E again?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »