Home

A.C.E has to be the laughable feature on this game 2K is proud of.

This is a discussion on A.C.E has to be the laughable feature on this game 2K is proud of. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #25
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A.C.E has to be the laughable feature on this game 2K is proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
so what is A.C.E again?
Adaptive coaching engine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #26
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPAGA
Never, I try go over or under and the CPU just reacts to the buttons I press and theres literally no help defense, and I call for a trap my teammates become insubordinate and disobey my commands. And I hate it when I get sucked into the animation when I try to beat the screen and avoid it
If your defensive settings are set to no hedge, there will be no rotation.

How do you find the settings set for your team in a game in MyCareer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPAGA
Right now 34 ppg 16 apg shooting 56% from the field but thats because I mostly get my points at the foul line. I only take open midranges off screens until the CPU brings the double team cheese then it's time to rack up them assists
I think 34/16/56% is why your being doubled a lot. If you're getting 15-20 FTs a game, maybe ACE hasnt been built to recognise that.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #27
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
My problem with ACE is that it tries to be intelligent, but fails. Example: Bulls(User) vs. Celtics(CPU) I go to matchups and see Jimmy Butler is set to guard Jae Crowder, everyone else is still set to Auto. I know that ACE is trying to put my best defender on their best player, however they meant to put Butler on Isiah Thomas. On the other end of the court Avery Bradley is switched onto Butler rather than Wade. That makes sense in theory but in transition Butler is wide open because he was guarding Crowder and Bradley has no idea where he is. ACE cannot read cross matchups and usually assigns your best defender to the wrong player. This is all from the MyLeague perspective.

I also experience issues like this in MyCareer but it's worse because there's nothing I can do to change it. My 7 foot Athletic finisher plays for the Suns. Why they would draft me idk, but what really confuses me is why would ACE want to run 4 out 1 in when I'm on the floor with Tyson Chandler or Alex Len? Just seems ACE adjustments are out of whack and I'm not sure how to get these issues acknowledged.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ACE doesn't much operate or make freelance adjustments in MyCareer. The freelances are set based on the team. Also it doesn't operate in transition, just when half court offense/defense takes over.

I see plenty of problems with ACE but in those examples, ACE is not a factor.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
ACE doesn't much operate or make freelance adjustments in MyCareer. The freelances are set based on the team. Also it doesn't operate in transition, just when half court offense/defense takes over.

I see plenty of problems with ACE but in those examples, ACE is not a factor.
I think my issue is when adjustments are made, they have the right idea but are poorly executed. Especially when it comes to matchups like I described with Butler guarding the wrong player. Which is something I have to change all the time playing with the Bulls.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #29
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
I think my issue is when adjustments are made, they have the right idea but are poorly executed. Especially when it comes to matchups like I described with Butler guarding the wrong player. Which is something I have to change all the time playing with the Bulls.

But is there someone Butler should be guarding? Match ups shift.

When I play the Grizzlies or Spurs they don't put Allen/Leonard on my best guy the entire game.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #30
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

I think this thread does highlight that 2K need to communicate in depth systems like ACE more. It's understandable that if you don't know what you're looking for, you won't see much of it.

The OG segment from the latest 2K TV is a massive step in the right direction.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #31
Rookie

Based on things I've heard Czar talk about it was my understanding that ACE was able to read your personnel on the court and adjust freelances accordingly. I remember him saying when a stretch big came in, ACE would switch from a 3 out 2 in into a 4 out 1 in. This was said in 2k16 so I'd assume that would still apply, unless I misunderstood what he was saying.

As for defensive matchups I think the best scenario I can give to illustrate my point is Bulls vs Warriors. Butler is usually set to guard Curry. Them adding Durant now causes ACE to put him on BOTH players. I've even tested it by switching both of them to auto and put Butler on Klay. When I exit and go back in it'll have him guarding Curry and Durant again. As if Rondo and Wade don't exist on that end. If I'm wrong then I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I think this thread does highlight that 2K need to communicate in depth systems like ACE more. It's understandable that if you don't know what you're looking for, you won't see much of it.

The OG segment from the latest 2K TV is a massive step in the right direction.
I really wish I played the game you played. Not joking or being sarcastic I really do.

Cons far out weigh the pros this year so far.

Ace is nice in theory

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »