Home

NBA 2K17 Patch 1.05 Available Now, Rosters Updated - Full Details Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Patch 1.05 Available Now, Rosters Updated - Full Details Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2016, 04:40 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: THE UPDATE IS AVAILABLE

I have not downloaded the patch, but was hoping for more gameplay changes..

Things like..

- ACE working properly
- Better defensive rotations
- Improved defense in the paint (CPU spamming passes in the paint because interior defenders leaving people wide open)
- Improved control responsiveness (similar to launch- pre-patch)
- Removal of bumping anomations on perimeter (particularly all the CPU defender stickiness/bumper car animations)
-Improved transition play (defense/offense)

I am thrilled they emphasized better off-ball movement. Hopefully plays and freelance run smoother and quicker now. The off-ball movement is currently a mess as players get stuck in animations and everything gets bogged down.

Also, great to see they improved double team logic. Hopefully we do not have any more instance of defenders running off their man to double team a ball handler on the perimeter. That was nearly a gamebreaker FOR ME.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:55 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha

Also tested out MyLeague and players are still signing to very below-average contracts. Eg, bogut still signs for the veteran minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no... This year for sim basketball is lost.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:05 AM   #75
MVP

What about relentless finsher badge being broken?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 05:07 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

hope they left moving sceens in the park
Old 11-06-2016, 05:17 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

Things like..

- ACE working properly

- Improved defense in the paint (CPU spamming passes in the paint because interior defenders leaving people wide open)
- Removal of bumping anomations on perimeter (particularly all the CPU defender stickiness/bumper car animations)

I am thrilled they emphasized better off-ball movement. Hopefully plays and freelance run smoother and quicker now. The off-ball movement is currently a mess as players get stuck in animations and everything gets bogged down.

Also, great to see they improved double team logic. Hopefully we do not have any more instance of defenders running off their man to double team a ball handler on the perimeter. That was nearly a gamebreaker FOR ME.
These are all roster updates and are things / should be things that will be fixed. Not that I'm saying they will be fixed, but if they are it will be through that.

Improved responsiveness is not something that will happen in a patch. That will be in between games. But as long as we are playing with this engine I don't think it will ever get to the level any of us want it to be at. Once they detach from animations and go strictly to a physics based system we might actually see some substantial improvements.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:31 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

Things like..

- ACE working properly

i just had a game, and can confirm that interior defense is still non-existent and bigs have no idea how to stay between their man and the basket. bigs also just dick around in transition and leave their man wide open under the basket.

didn't see any better defensive rotations. if anything, they were worse and i'm not just saying that out of saltiness.

responsiveness is different, i wouldn't say better. players feel much less weighted but still clunky as usual. i found it harder to walk instead of run... it's like the analog stick sensitivity is through the roof.

perimeter bump animations still feel the same to me, but i can't be sure.

you can give up your hopes on better transition play.

double team logic - you just don't get doubled by bigs anymore leaving your bigs open under the basket. i'm sure you'll get doubled by someone guarding ray allen or steph curry at the arc though, so "logic" is not a good word for 2k to use. can't say much about double teaming frequency though, not yet.

oh, and moving screens are still there without a doubt. what i mean by moving screens is your player getting stuck on opposing players and getting dragged back from their man towards the basket.

some patch. it makes you think it was put together by the guy at the front desk - very unprofessional. no improvements, just slight differences that don't mean much in the grand scheme of things (what we've been bitching about since release). been buying at launch since 2k12, but that's not happening anymore. it's clear that their focus is on 2k18, and this patch did not get much time or resources dedicated to it. man, what a big disappointment - you would think that 2k would make things right after the incredibly flawed release this year.

oh, and fast breaks are still a mess. your teammates will run to the 3 point line on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 - they will even cut in front of you in YOUR lane it's ridic. cpu speed boosts still there as well.

now i realize i only had one game, but the main gameplay issues that have been talked about by the masses here are still obviously there. it's just so apparent.

passing does feel better though. oh boy, right!

Last edited by psydefx; 11-06-2016 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:32 AM   #79
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

Couldn't get called for an illegal screen after trying for a couple of games in MyCareer, so I don't think they're working.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #80
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Im liking it so far...played 2 MyTeam and 1 MyCareer games, gameplay wise:

- Passing feels good, didnt have a single strange (zip, laser like) pass so far
- A little more responsive again overall, I like it the way it is atm...
- I got some loose balls back that I think I should have gotten back, felt good
- Stepback shots seemed to have been toned down, my teammates and the cpu took some shots straight away, looked good
- Double teams still aggressive, but no super stupid I come over the middle line double team so far

Overall, it feels good so far...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »