Home

Is this game worse than last years!?

This is a discussion on Is this game worse than last years!? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2016, 01:24 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Is this game worse than last years!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
2K16 is better than 2K17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's hard to say. I feel like playing 2k17 just to see if it's as bad as I remembered. haha. The worst 2ks were the ones you could be a 7'3 guy and just set a pick right under the basket to avoid all contact.

There are many good things about 2k17, but also some bad things. Shooting is too easy, rebounding is still too vertical, blocking/blocking from behind is still too powerful.

Career is mad easier than it was even last year. If I was playing vs someone for money online... I think they are about equal. 2k needs to work on fixing the fatal flaws in the game. It should be like a quarantine. Like if 2k comes out of the box where you can pick under the rim for 15 seconds of the shot clock, they need to insta-remove setting picks in the paint until they have found a solution.

Or if they have a dribble move that covers too much ground, remove it. A cheesy shot, remove it. I know nobody wants to hear that, but in my opinion that's the best way to move forward with balance, then they can bring it back later.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 02:05 AM   #26
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
It's hard to say. I feel like playing 2k17 just to see if it's as bad as I remembered. haha. The worst 2ks were the ones you could be a 7'3 guy and just set a pick right under the basket to avoid all contact.

There are many good things about 2k17, but also some bad things. Shooting is too easy, rebounding is still too vertical, blocking/blocking from behind is still too powerful.

Career is mad easier than it was even last year. If I was playing vs someone for money online... I think they are about equal. 2k needs to work on fixing the fatal flaws in the game. It should be like a quarantine. Like if 2k comes out of the box where you can pick under the rim for 15 seconds of the shot clock, they need to insta-remove setting picks in the paint until they have found a solution.

Or if they have a dribble move that covers too much ground, remove it. A cheesy shot, remove it. I know nobody wants to hear that, but in my opinion that's the best way to move forward with balance, then they can bring it back later.

-Smak

Agreed. 2K17 has so much potential but they slipped up on so many things and it's just not as fun to me or as balanced as 2K16. I loved MyCareer in 16 but it's so damn easy in 2K17. Only mode I like more than '16 so far is ProAM and Playnow Online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 11-20-2016, 03:21 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like this year but these limitations on our MyPlayers are crazy man.

Responsiveness is eh and not really feeling defense on here.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #28
Banned

yes, it's worse.

I'm not even playing it in my free time anymore, and I've noticed Chris Smoove barely uploads it, and he makes tons of money from it lol
Old 11-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill_23
2k17 is the best out of all of the 2k's.
lmao. what a crazy statement.

this is one of the worst 2ks ever, and you can't say it's the best ever when you probably only played 2k14 onwards...

I have played them all since the very first release and I know you haven't based on that opinion alone

Last edited by Mweemwee; 11-20-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:18 AM   #30
Banned

Speaking strictly about Play Now Online: I am really happy they did a lot of things to stop the cheese. For example, turbo cheese is nowhere near as effective this year due to charging fouls and out-of-bounds. Most of the time, it's enough to just play Half Court Press and run with your Center back to the paint and/or simply put Extend Pressure on their guards. 3-pointers seemed to be toned down and they seem to change the sliders every week or so, making it even more difficult. AI on-ball D is great, which means a lot since I have to off-ball much more often this year to make up for sometimes poor team defense and rotations. I'm sure it will get better in time.

Obviously, there are a bunch of flaws like ACE, internal defense, rotations, etc. and legacy issues I just can't understand how they let them happen, but I thought I might mention the good things for once.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm pretty sure that last year there was a topic wondering if 2k16 was worse than 2k15, that 2 years ago there was a topic wondering if 2k15 was worse than 2k14, etc etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 10:53 AM   #32
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I like 2k17 feature wise but gamelpay wise Its not in a good state as of now, im hoping theres another gameplay patch coming but if not im going back to 2k16 for good this year and 2k18 will be a wait and see purchase for me.

2k17 just feels like a rushed unfinished product that they are trying to update on the fly which has backfired so far with the game not getting anybetter. It makes sense now why 2k was so silent about this game over the summer before release they didnt have confidence in their product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »