Home

Realistic Shooting

This is a discussion on Realistic Shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Realistic Shooting

For those complaining that they don't want shooting or green releases to be tuned here's some quick points...

Klay Thompson (one of the greatest shooters of all time) is shooting 20% on 3's this year when wide open (no defender within 6 ft.) according to Sports Vu tracking.

Curry just went 0-10 against the Lakers and at least half of his 3 point attempts were wide open.

Perfect way to see that type of variance in shooting in 2k17 is to shoot with the pro stick where you have to worry about timing and aiming. There are some games I light it up with great shooters, then there are times I'm very inconsistent with aiming and I get in a shooting slump just like shooters do in real life. I think this type of experience will be magnified once Beluba drops his tuning updates. I would encourage @Beluba to penalize bad aim slightly more for Pro stick shooting when aiming is off, at least on the higher difficulties like HOF and for lower/mid rated shooters.

*Disclaimer: playing against people online you might have to use button to shoot just to keep up, because at the moment button shooting is too easy but we shall see once @beluba releases his shot tuning updates. But offline you should, in your MyLeagues in particular, try Pro Stick shooting to experience the hot/cold streaks of real life shooting in a more realistic manner.

Last edited by jxelite2430; 11-06-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Realistic Shooting

Tuner already came out earlier today
Old 11-06-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

In fairness klay has sucked this year lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

LEAVE THE SHOOTING ALONE 😃!

This was from a PNO game.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 11-06-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Just felt like putting it out there that Klay Thompson isn't one of the best shooters of all time. Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Steve Nash, Ray Allen, etc. we're all more consistent and better scorers. I'd go as far to say that J.J. Redick and Kyle Korver are better shooters. Klay is so inconsistent, that's why he's shooting at 20%. He's one of the most inconsistent shooters of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Just felt like putting it out there that Klay Thompson isn't one of the best shooters of all time. Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Steve Nash, Ray Allen, etc. we're all more consistent and better scorers. I'd go as far to say that J.J. Redick and Kyle Korver are better shooters. Klay is so inconsistent, that's why he's shooting at 20%. He's one of the most inconsistent shooters of all time.
He has over a 40% career average from 3.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
I hope this is an attempt at some kind of bad joke or satire. Through six let me repeat six games he's struggling to shoot from three. He's having a tough shooting stretch it happens to all shooters even Curry. It's just hitting Thompson at the beginning of the year. Thompson has shot over 40% from three every season, that's flipping consistent.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...thompkl01.html
Old 11-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
Tuner already came out earlier today
And it's done nothing to address the shooting percentages in Pro-Am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »