Home

My NBA 2k17....

This is a discussion on My NBA 2k17.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5
My NBA 2k17 rant....

Before I begin this post I just wanted to say that I do think that this game is a good game and that I appreciate the hard work that the developers put into this game this year, especially with the swiftness of the patches and tuning updates. With that being said, this post I feel will express the issues that many have with this game but many don't have the time nor patience to write about.

First off I want to start off with the defense. Now as many as you know, the defense this year has always seemed to be a bit shaky, with players feeling as though they are moving in cement or quick sand at times, even with highly rated defensive players. This issue seems to have been magnified with this new patch. I can't speak for everyone in the community, but it feels as though this unresponsiveness on defense has gotten even worse. I've played games with and against lockdown defenders before and after this new patch and I almost have to ask myself, "what is the point?". These players still move around very slow on defense at times and there seems to be very little impact that their defensive prowess has on the person their guarding, especially if their sharpshooters or shot creators. This them leads to my next issue... the offense.

Yes, we all know and have read the complaints about the shooting pre-patch 5 about shooting being OP, and that I completely agree with. However, although sharpshooters and stretch bigs were OP, at the very least other archetypes (unfortunately besides slashers) were also able to have some success. I for example became very fond using my shot creator, and spent many days learning how to most effectively use the archetype and have success in park and pro-am. And was also refreshing to see more users beginning to use more archetypes as it appeared (at least for me) that more people were learning that their are other archetypes besides playmakers and sharpshooters/stretch bigs that could also be very effective. Unfortunately however with this new patch, that has all changed. I can only speak from my own personal experience so far based upon the game I've played, but I can effectively say that sharpshooters and stretch bigs are back to being the most effective and OP archetypes in the game. Yes, they are always OP it seems. But at least before this new patch people could be successful offensively with other archetypes. Not anymore.

I am still seeing sharpshooters and stretch bigs making 30 ft shots consistently EVEN with good contests from the defense. These issues are compounded further with the defensive issues that I just touched on in this post. Furthermore, it seems that shot creators are effectively done with this new patch. Again, this could just be me but based upon the shots I am taking and was taking with shot creator, I can not even use the archetype as it is advertised. I have pretty much become a watered down sharpshooter at this point. If I even take a semi-contested moving shot with my defender having an extremely late contest WITH all my HOF badges and a 94 moving shots rating, it's a brick, even with the meter being as close to full as possible. The only shots that I can rely upon to make are wide open moving shots, and at the point I may as well use my sharpshooter since he can do that about 10 times better than my shot creator. I can't fully say how other archetypes are affected by this new patch but I can safely assume that sharpshooters and strectch bigs are back as the only consistently affect builds to use (besides playmakers).

Last point I want to make is on the grind for my career. All I have to say is why. For those that don't know or don't realize it, it takes about 10 practices with you having the doing work meter full to get an attribute upgrade. Now that may not seem too bad, but to put in further perspective, you only get about 4 practices after completing a game (assuming that you only have 1 off day following). So it will take at least 2 games to get an attribute upgrade, and that is assuming that you ONLY go to practices and ignore connections and endorsements that may have conflict with these practices. So it would take you at least entire season to get the attribute upgrades. To add to this sheer number of practices that must be completed, you also have to take into account the absolutely daunting loading times that you must deal with just to get in and out of practices; having to wait for your teammates to ask if you want to do a drill a play a pick up game before you can even head to the weight room. And let me tell you guys this, before this past patch I did the glitch where you can get to off days without playing a game by spamming the circle button in order to get those 25 upgrade. Let me tell you that it took me an entire weekend of simply heading in and out of these practices to get all those upgrades WITHOUT playing a single game. So I can only imagine how long it would take having to play at least 10 minutes of a game before getting those off days.

And I know many of you are thinking, "okay, so what, just play a season on 5 minute quarters to get all those upgrades." Now this point I would not dispute if playing my career was actually fun. It is not. Actually, it is miserable. Getting unrealistic scores, having teammates that can play absolutely idiotic, getting double teamed as soon as you touch the ball in the first or second quarter, and being forced to play on hall of fame to even have a chance of earning enough vc to upgrade your player and/or get accessories, dribble moves, etc. It is not a fun experience. I think I can safely assume that once most players finished getting all the badges/attribute bars for their player they never touched a game of my career again. At least I know I have. If the game isn't fun, then what is the point? You pretty much have to torture yourself into getting through my career games just to be able to have a competent enough player to go online with.

The last thing I am going to say before ending this post is that I feel that many, if not most of the issues that I have outlined are a result of top executives of 2k wanting users to be forced into buying VC to maximize profit. I could be wrong, but the the evidence in the game proves otherwise. Anyways I'm done ranting. Thanks for anyone that read through this entire post. And maybe I'm wrong and I just need some more time to adjust to the game. But I don't know at this point. But what I do know is that I pretty much lost interest in this game and am now playing Battlefield when I have free time to play on my ps4.

Last edited by ballin095; 11-07-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My NBA 2k17....

Any one else feel the same?
Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 PM   #3
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My NBA 2k17....