Home

Ldd's need to be buffed

This is a discussion on Ldd's need to be buffed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Ldd's need to be buffed

There is no reason a sharpshooter or playmaker should be able to shoot shots in my mouth after a perfect contests. Also, why does their speed and lareral quickness only go to 80? Honestly, after maxing out defense , I barley feel a difference. Im not seeing more pickup animations, and if I turbo I slide out position. The defensive stopper badge is the only good thing about them. Chasedown artists barley triggers, charge card is useless, pick dodger actually screws you over, and pick pocket is useless cause when you pocket it the defender ways recovers it unnaturally quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Ldd's need to be buffed

All defensive archetypes needs a buff....rise up my rim protectors! We move like a bunch of slugs....I wish we were able to make them a bit more athletic I mean we can't really score that well...they gotta give us a little bit of offensive capabilities. But alas 2k will always be offensive heavy....
Old 11-07-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Defense in general.
Lateral quickness is so slow even if you cut off angles they either slide by or you get a blocking foul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #4
Rookie

You already have a badge neutralizing EVERY badge in the game, what the hell more could you want.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
You already have a badge neutralizing EVERY badge in the game, what the hell more could you want.

Maybe not to turn like a tank? Positional defense beats badges, and Lockdown defenders don't move as well as they should.

The lateral quickness on lockdowns should have been in the 90s across the board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
Defense in general.
Lateral quickness is so slow even if you cut off angles they either slide by or you get a blocking foul

Yeah, it's almost always a blocking foul or that stupid slip by animation if you cut them off while they're holding sprint to get to the corner. There's no such thing as beating them to the spot.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com

So what? It doesn't activate when someone blows past me and dunks, or when they decide to zig zag and I get out of position because I'm too slow. Even when it do activates, it doesn't do much at all because it's locked to whoever you're guarding. Why should ldds only have one good badge, which is good not great, while every other archetype have useful badges across the board? Plus add to the fact we can barley score, I think it's justified that ldd's get a buffed. They were advertised to play great d and they barley do that. My playmaker plays the same d as my ldd. I thought ldds were underrated, but now I see that defense isn't 2k's prority at all, just shooting.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I kind of agree that lateral quickness should've been higher for LDDs. Especially when 6'10 point fowards can have almost 90 speed with ball.

But everything else is fine. I've seen chasedown HOF activate a lot for me. Defensive Stopper is awesome. Pick Pocket is great too (wish the offense didn't recover so much though). The high strength is also a plus. I can still dunk and finish inside. The midrange is money if I'm open. Also I can post up smaller players.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »