Home

Fix Standing Dunks!!

This is a discussion on Fix Standing Dunks!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Fix Standing Dunks!!

At the beginning of the year we rejoiced at finally being able to play some bully ball when a guard was unfortunately matched up against our big. Somewhere in Between then and now that has completely changed. Look at field goal percentages at the end of every season. Deandre Jordan is always at the top because the standing dunk is the highest percentage shot you can take. It's getting to the point where you're better off chucking contested threes than giving a big guy the ball in the paint. My guys are missing point blank dunk attempts if someone blows in their ear. It's ridiculous to watch everybody that picked Amethyst Francis turbo down the court and windmill over anybody foolish enough to impede and then brick a two handed dunk with a near 7 footer because somebody tickled his inner thigh a little.

I even thought it may be the posterizer badge, so of course I spend the MT and equip my guys with the gold version. Nope. 4000 MT down the drain for more bricked dunks. WTH 2K?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Fix Standing Dunks!!

Standing dunks are still OP for me. Not sure what you're referring to.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
At the beginning of the year we rejoiced at finally being able to play some bully ball when a guard was unfortunately matched up against our big. Somewhere in Between then and now that has completely changed. Look at field goal percentages at the end of every season. Deandre Jordan is always at the top because the standing dunk is the highest percentage shot you can take. It's getting to the point where you're better off chucking contested threes than giving a big guy the ball in the paint. My guys are missing point blank dunk attempts if someone blows in their ear. It's ridiculous to watch everybody that picked Amethyst Francis turbo down the court and windmill over anybody foolish enough to impede and then brick a two handed dunk with a near 7 footer because somebody tickled his inner thigh a little.

I even thought it may be the posterizer badge, so of course I spend the MT and equip my guys with the gold version. Nope. 4000 MT down the drain for more bricked dunks. WTH 2K?
Turn on shot feedback and Ill bet you'll see that every release is a red very late release.
This is the same problem that I'm having with my athletic finisher pf.
Even a green release shows as a very late release.
Somethings broken again.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Good lord, literally every aspect of the game has been complained about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Good lord, literally every aspect of the game has been complained about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's because almost every aspect of this game is broken!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
That's because almost every aspect of this game is broken!
I've never noticed 90% of the issues everyone complains about, especially some sort of standing dunk issue. So no, not everything is broken. They're just not 100% perfect.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:06 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I've never noticed 90% of the issues everyone complains about, especially some sort of standing dunk issue. So no, not everything is broken. They're just not 100% perfect.
Are you an athletic finisher or slasher?

Just because you yourself don't see it, doesn't mean that its not broken.

If everyone is complaining about it, but you're not seeing it, what makes you think everyone else is wrong but you're right?

I'm not saying that standing layups and dunks are broken for no reason.

I say it because no matter how good my shot or how full my meter, EVERY SINGLE STANDING LAYUP REGISTERS AS A VERY LATE RELEASE!
Old 11-10-2016, 06:46 AM   #8
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Do you play online? Offline this game is pretty much flawless because you can adjust the game and many of these issues are 2K attempting to "balance" the game for it's player base.

I don't have the standing dunk problem offline. Only in online modes. My guy goes up two handed and if anybody is even close enough to breathe on him he bricks it. Almost every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »