Home

Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?

This is a discussion on Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?
No. Keep it as it is. 31 27.93%
Yes, and give us a $20 DLC next year for NBA Roster updates. 31 27.93%
Yes, but no DLC needed - NBA Roster Update should be free like Patches. 49 44.14%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2016, 09:51 AM   #17
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I'm ready for NBA Live to release a quality game more than anything else, low odds on actually happening though :/
There's a better chance of that happening than there is of 2K moving to bi annual releases. Hell, they're moving up the release date!
Old 11-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #18
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Re: Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Considering 2k17 is still being worked on (via patch) - are you ready to replace 2k18 with a $20 DLC for roster/mode updates... and pay $60 for a solid 2k19 release?

You could make an argument that 2k17 is 2k14 with some graphic updates, patches, and slider tweaks.

Imagine what they could do with an extra year?
I think I would be fine with a year in between releases as long as we get roster updates and commentary updates for the new NBA season in the year that's in between releases of the game. That's as long as it would result in a much better game with more features and way less bugs and glitches when it comes out. As long as NBA2K keeps selling every year and making them good profit this would never happen as they would never sacrafice all that money. The best chance of this ever happening (which is already extremely low in my opinion) would be if roster updates were DLC and cost money. That still likely wouldn't even match the money 2K would make releasing a new game every year for a full 60$ plus possible in game purchases which means it probaly wouldn't happen.

Would the Devs like it? In my opinion I would think they would consider it as it would give them more time to put out a higher quality game but would the higher ups aka the people with the authority/people who would have the final say on this allow it to happen? Not a chance.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #19
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Considering 2k17 is still being worked on (via patch) - are you ready to replace 2k18 with a $20 DLC for roster/mode updates... and pay $60 for a solid 2k19 release?

You could make an argument that 2k17 is 2k14 with some graphic updates, patches, and slider tweaks.

Imagine what they could do with an extra year?
My man, you could always just skip a year or two. You clearly dont like the game. And thats cool. There are well documented issues. But magine how much better the game could be for you after not playing for a while. Or give Live a look; who knows. 2Ks model isn't gonna change anytime soon. 2K17 is doing better than 16 did commercially and critically. Why on earth would 2K change that?
Old 11-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #20
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
My man, you could always just skip a year or two. You clearly dont like the game. And thats cool. There are well documented issues.
I love the game, but it has a lot of bugs and rushed features each year.

Just compare Destiny and 2k14... they both came out at the same time and co-marketed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrY9BQkqgMs

Since then, Destiny has had DLCs, but not sequels... and 2k14 has had 3 sequels.

When Destiny 2 comes out, it will most likely be a brand new game... unlike 2k, which is continuing to just create upgraded versions of the same game.

Just because there's money to be made doesn't mean you make it at risk to your brand's image. Quality and 2k are starting to drift apart... I love the game, so I want it to stick around and get better - not worse.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #21
Pro

2K can always sport new engine, it's not like it takes 10 years to create game engine or tweak current one it's safe to say that this engine combined with fancy graphics just don't cut it anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #22
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
I love the game, but it has a lot of bugs and rushed features each year.

Just compare Destiny and 2k14... they both came out at the same time and co-marketed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrY9BQkqgMs

Since then, Destiny has had DLCs, but not sequels... and 2k14 has had 3 sequels.

When Destiny 2 comes out, it will most likely be a brand new game... unlike 2k, which is continuing to just create upgraded versions of the same game.

Just because there's money to be made doesn't mean you make it at risk to your brand's image. Quality and 2k are starting to drift apart... I love the game, so I want it to stick around and get better - not worse.
Why do keep on insisting on comparing a FPS to a sports game? I have never considered an annual release of a sports game as a sequel? Now that you mentioned it I'm pretty sure you had a similar thread back then....because you're the only one that likes to compare triple A games that takes years to finish compared to a 9 (?) Month cycle game. Yes we get it... if 2k takes a couple of years off then they can have something solid. But it's baffling to compare it to a triple A game. Why not compare it to Madden, NHL, UFC, WWE, FIFA and other sports game that also has a short cycle?

This talk is pointless since it's the NBA and share holders that make the call. The mistake they did this year was releasing the game early when there's no comp.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?
People will complain MORE on a bi-annual release because they will expect the game to be perfect. 2K modifies the game based on consumer feedback. Even if the release was bi-annual, we'd probably see the same amount of patching and tuning as soon as people start complaining, whether or not the game played well out of the box.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #24
Banned

i don't think it's a matter of time that 2k needs, but rather what they need to focus on. they need to focus on basketball fundamentals, period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »