Home

How to score with CP3?

This is a discussion on How to score with CP3? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2016, 06:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
How to score with CP3?

He is by far the worst "elite" player I've used in the game, and it's not really his rating that are at fault, it's the fact the he's so damn short. I find it stupid hard to get consistent shots off with him, without getting blocked/significantly altered.

Normally I run P&R with DeAndre or Blake but the defense essentially doubles CP3, leaving the big men with easy dunks. That's fine, but Cp3's scoring is taking a hit.

If I ever try and convert a layup, it's 90% of the time blocked, even if on a fast break. Anyone have any tips? I'm shooting 40% with him, which is off from what he does in real life.

HOF diff btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 06:25 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How to score with CP3?

Call for PnRs that involve the other team's center. Often they'll drop back, and open up his mid range game. USe a dribble hand off while holding with Paul. This might open up some pull up opportunities. His hot spot is mid range on the right side, so I find his pull up game money from there. Im averaging 17ppg on 46%. Im only shooting 26% on 3s though.

Above all, Paul isnt scoring against double teams IRL so take what they give you. He is primarily a jump shooter.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Call for PnRs that involve the other team's center. Often they'll drop back, and open up his mid range game. USe a dribble hand off while holding with Paul. This might open up some pull up opportunities. His hot spot is mid range on the right side, so I find his pull up game money from there. Im averaging 17ppg on 46%. Im only shooting 26% on 3s though.
This.

CP3 is all about the mid-range game. PnR for midrange works well too.

I wouldn't count on him for layups, but you can cheese a little bit with him due to his handles and play him like Tony Parker (drive and dish) - where if you can get an open layup you can take it... but main objective would be to pass it out or draw a shooting foul.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah, the Pick and Roll/Fade game was one of the things that absolutely excelled in this game. I am back to 2k16 now and one thing I'm noticing is that I get very few jumpers off of the pick in that game. I feel like in 17, the best part was actually being able to read the screen and react to it. If your man goes high, look for the roll. If he goes low, look to shoot right away or cut it back. If he hits the screen and the opposing big man cuts to you, that's easy buckets for the roll man. If he stays with his man, pull up.

There's a reason LAC is called lob city. Run enough Fades with Griffin to keep them honest but yeah, he's a PnR monster.

- Rick Wise
Old 11-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #5
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

He is also good in catch and shoot situation so you can set up a play for him offball. For some reason this year, i usually get some fouls from when driving inside though it's a risk. If there's no foul called, i always end up getting blocked.

But as mentioned above, his mid range jumper is gold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
Yeah, the Pick and Roll/Fade game was one of the things that absolutely excelled in this game. I am back to 2k16 now and one thing I'm noticing is that I get very few jumpers off of the pick in that game. I feel like in 17, the best part was actually being able to read the screen and react to it. If your man goes high, look for the roll. If he goes low, look to shoot right away or cut it back. If he hits the screen and the opposing big man cuts to you, that's easy buckets for the roll man. If he stays with his man, pull up.

There's a reason LAC is called lob city. Run enough Fades with Griffin to keep them honest but yeah, he's a PnR monster.

The depth of the PnR system in 2K is one of the things we are spoiled with, courtesy of the ACE system. It's very underappreciated. Different teams play differently and it forces you to consider what you are doing. ACE has been **** on all year on this forum, but when you stop and look at these things, we are very lucky basketball gamers.

I was playing with Paul last night, and Gasol switched on to him a couple of times. Simple crossover or straight drive and I was by him. Defense collapsed, and I kicked out to the open corner. Problem was it Mbah a Moute. The CPU defender rotated off the bad shooter.

My mid range jumper with Griffin has been money all year out of the pick and pop. Last 2 games Ive noticed the nedge staying attached. This opened the lane for Paul to probe.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #7
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

I would try to use that tear dropper badge from time to time as well.
And don't be afraid to shoot off balance mids, he has gold difficult shots and silver mid range deadeye.

maybe throw in a step back if the defense is really trying to get the angle on his drive to the rim?
(Man, I wish Dame had mid range deadeye)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »