Home

CPU- Double Teams Post Patch

This is a discussion on CPU- Double Teams Post Patch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
CPU- Double Teams Post Patch

Hey guys.. I'm seeing a big issue that was suppoesd to be addressed in the last patch. The CPU is still double teaming star players as soon as they score 6-8 points. I'm not overly critical about this game, but this is absolutely killing the offline experience.

Defenders are literally leaving players wide open to run half way across the floor to double team. I understand what the developers are trying to accomplish, but the logic is just not there to support this yet.

Mike- Its my understanding you are releasing another patch. Please take a look at this issue. IMO it would be best if you disabled double teaming all together, but if you dont want to do that, maybe give us off-line guys an option to disable it.. Any comsideration into this would be GREATLY apprecitated.

I'm playig in MyLeague and Play now offline. (Various difficulty settings)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CPU- Double Teams Post Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Hey guys.. I'm seeing a big issue that was suppoesd to be addressed in the last patch. The CPU is still double teaming star players as soon as they score 6-8 points. I'm not overly critical about this game, but this is absolutely killing the offline experience.

Defenders are literally leaving players wide open to run half way across the floor to double team. I understand what the developers are trying to accomplish, but the logic is just not there to support this yet.

Mike- Its my understanding you are releasing another patch. Please take a look at this issue. IMO it would be best if you disabled double teaming all together, but if you dont want to do that, maybe give us off-line guys an option to disable it.. Any comsideration into this would be GREATLY apprecitated.

I'm playig in MyLeague and Play now offline. (Various difficulty settings)

Im seeing a slightly different area of improvement for double teams. Im not seeing them come too soon, Im seeing the double come off great shooters one pass away, with no rotation.

Im seeing doubles coming off guys who can't shoot, but this happens more than it should.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Whoa freaky. Im watching the Clippers Wolves game.

They doubled off Redick and Griffin found him with the skip pass.

Next possession. Redick's defender comes off him to double Griffin, and Blake finds him one pass away.

Still, it happens in 2K too often.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Futurestyl3's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea its still a problem, I was playing MyCareer earlier and I'm still seeing stupid double teams.

I didn't record any MyCareer Gameplay, but I did post this in the 1.05 patch thread

r
Old 11-13-2016, 01:29 AM   #5
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

CPU rotations are just poor in general. They will rotate a big over on a drive and even drop a defender down to help the big but when it comes to rotating out on shooters I rarely ever even see an effort. Its disappointing to say the least.

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2016, 03:00 AM   #6
MVP

In addition to double teams, it would also be nice if they could clean up the CPU hard hedge bug. I love all the defensive options they added to the pick and roll, but when the CPU hard hedges they run out so far above the pick, in many cases you can just run right by them because they are way too high.

It would be great if the devs could fix these two issues for us offline guys.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:08 AM   #7
Rookie

sperlz_99's Arena

OVR: 0

100% agree with all this. It's actually bordering on game breaking for me. I started a thread about the clippers defense where they hard hedge and it really is leaving men free constantly and I'm having unconsteted three point shots time and time again. Due to this I'm finding the game too easy to win matches on hof and it shouldn't be that easy.

I really hope a patch is released for this shortly, I'm not one of these people who like to moan and I really appreciate the work 2k do and think apart from this the game is brilliant. However with this defense it really is hindering the experience.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:19 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperlz_99
100% agree with all this. It's actually bordering on game breaking for me. I started a thread about the clippers defense where they hard hedge and it really is leaving men free constantly and I'm having unconsteted three point shots time and time again. Due to this I'm finding the game too easy to win matches on hof and it shouldn't be that easy.

I really hope a patch is released for this shortly, I'm not one of these people who like to moan and I really appreciate the work 2k do and think apart from this the game is brilliant. However with this defense it really is hindering the experience.
Nice post, and I agree. I can see what the developers are trying to accomplish and I appreciate their ambition. But the logic/coding just isnt quite ready for some of it.

These two issues, especially the double team logic, do make for a borderline game breaking off-line experience. (I hate to say game breaking, its used too much on these forums, but the game essentially leaves people wide open all over the floor. It would be like a football game making a corner blitz every play leaving a WR wide open)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »