Home

NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #17
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
So many animations take up way too much time and real estate.
Absolutely.

Part of the reason the court can feel crowded is how much time and space some of these animations take. The behind the back dribble as an example needs about 5 feet of space to start and end. By that time, the ball has either been knocked lose or the animation has caused that gap to close.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Absolutely.

Part of the reason the court can feel crowded is how much time and space some of these animations take. The behind the back dribble as an example needs about 5 feet of space to start and end. By that time, the ball has either been knocked lose or the animation has caused that gap to close.
agree with this, its like something between the players and courts feel like it isnt properly scaled. wonder if its a player wingspan issue
Old 11-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

OVR: 0
Does anyone know if 2k uses analytics or Sports VU data for player tendencies and attributes? If not that seems like a massive oversight.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:52 PM   #20
Rookie

Agree with all of this. But every time I say something like what the article states, I'm told to learn the game. I know the game I'm no expert but I know when something is not right. People the game is setup to make runs and give the computer an advantage.

Fast breaks are terrible.. I'm actually watching the Bulls and Blazers now wade went on an break and flew by almost everyone for an easy two. In 2k that wouldn't have happen. He would have made dumb stutter then start running and the CPU would have already be down the court....

I can go on about things that happen in this game that just shouldn't. I believe has everything to do with the animations in the game in order for it to look realistic....

Also another thing that happen which was completely unnecessary.. Butler is standing in the corner and I was only a few feet away from and press a for a simple pass and guess what he do. He jumps for the ball that wasn't even high and he all of an sudden is called out of bounds....

The game is good and I believe was great when it was first released. But seem like patches is messing it up. I didn't see to much stuttering and stuff going on. It felt very smooth. Now it sorta plays a lil like 2k16.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #21
Banned

Every other thread is a "this needs to be tweaked" and there's always someone with a select few of nuances THEY think needs to get fixed. We need to consolidate these some how in a voting system and a very specific point system so that the devs can look, not read 3 pages to see who and they don't value opinion.

I don't like the wishy washy stance on shooting, I think everyone is too extreme either way, and a medium needs to be found.

That's what this thread should be about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 11:02 PM   #22
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
Every other thread is a "this needs to be tweaked" and there's always someone with a select few of nuances THEY think needs to get fixed. We need to consolidate these some how in a voting system and a very specific point system so that the devs can look, not read 3 pages to see who and they don't value opinion.

I don't like the wishy washy stance on shooting, I think everyone is too extreme either way, and a medium needs to be found.

That's what this thread should be about.
If you want a consensus, you will be waiting a long time.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #23
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
The momentum shifts are killing this game for me. You can drop the CPU shooting sliders to 10 but if they get a run the sliders mean nothing and Its got shooting percentages out of control and it's also just plain not fun. Most games have me either winning by 30 or losing by 30 with whacked out shooting percentages. I have shooting sliders at 40 and I just beat the CPU by 38 and I shot 67% from the field. CPU shot 39% then the next game CPU shot 90% in the second half to beat me by 30 and I shot 42%. I get what they are trying to do and make momentum simulate real life but it feels over done and forced.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:17 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Absolutely.

Been an issue forever. Like I said before, the game is set to a "macro" scale, not a "micro" one. What I mean is that you need 5x the space as you would in real life to get a clean look, a good dribble move, an open shot or open lane, etc.

I've been waiting for a game to represent the "micro" scale for a long time. Because of the "macro" scale of 2K video games the mid-range game especially never has the realism or subtlety of real life basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »