Home

NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See

Years of griping about basketball have finally worked to my advantage and we've got one of the best versions of NBA 2K ever this season. But the key to being the best and sustaining is knowing that the journey is about constant growth. If you're not getting better, then you're just wasting away. Standing as the sole competitor in this corner of gaming, it would be easy for 2K to remain stagnant. Here's my take on how to prevent such stagnation.

Read More - NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Years of griping about basketball have finally worked to my advantage and we've got one of the best versions of NBA 2K ever this season. But the key to being the best and sustaining is knowing that the journey is about constant growth. If you're not getting better, then you're just wasting away. Standing as the sole competitor in this corner of gaming, it would be easy for 2K to remain stagnant. Here's my take on how to prevent such stagnation.

Read More - NBA 2K17: Gameplay Tweaks We'd Like to See

Good Points !
Old 11-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree that the things listed in the article need to be fixed. I disagree about this been one of the best 2K's ever, and I disagree about liking the trajectory and being optimistic about the future of the franchise.

IMO the article should have listed 50 things and be titled, "Rebuilding NBA 2K's gameplay from the ground up"

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree with most of what you say. The artificial momentum shifts(happens offline as well), the redundancy of your cpu controlled team mates, lack of consistency on any button spamming for that matter.

I think the problem 2K created within the game is too many damn attributes, badges and whatever other hidden intangibles are in the game. They tried to separate two 95 rated players with a slew of different play styles and habitual attributes and it results in a defective product IMO. Add that with artificial in game boost to keep the game competitive and it makes for a sloppy product.

That's what 2K is to me....sloppy.

What I'd like to see tweaked is cpu team play styles. I want the Warriors to feel like the Warriors and not just a cpu team with good attributed players who's tendencies is to shoot more 3 than most. All teams seem to play the exact type of defense which is to stick to your man like glue no matter the matchup. If a team has poor defense, I want to feel like I can take advantage of them. Not just blow them out but to have an easier time compared to a better defensive team. As of now, I don't feel the separation regardless off who is injured, how many games in a row they've lost or what their record is.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
Rookie

game would change tremendously if they got rid of that elastic/molasses feel when trying to move your player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkid
game would change tremendously if they got rid of that elastic/molasses feel when trying to move your player

The game is too animation driven. You get sucked into animations that move slower than other players animations and the results are funky, unrealistic player sliding and stickiness that's completely animation and situational driven. It's designed to make the game look realistic but it takes to much control out of the players hands.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkid
This has been what I've been wanting for years now. Still hasn't happened
Old 11-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

Artificial intelligence needs to be redone. Cpu do not play basketball, they play animation. That's why they have to rely on bs so much.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »