Home

A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

This is a discussion on A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
This a lot of times 2k rewards you for shooting with with guys who can't shoot more than it does driving with finishers ( I play in 5 LGs this year on HOF default, one is custom but his slider for three is lower than the default one) and I hit more shots by shooting threes with my centers and guy liek tony Allen and MCW then I do by trying to get a layup or dunk. But hey man maybe Im imagining it? \__(•_•)__/ who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are hitting threes with David West like he's Kristaps Porzingis, the game is just a mess and I don't get how they could get the shooting so wrong. It seems like they took the whole "#Breakthegame" thing too far and paint shots are a lower percentage than deep deep threes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

I wasn't trying to create another SS bashing thread.

On topic, would you other classes prefer if the shoot off dribble rating meant SHOOT OFF DRIBBLE instead of moving shots?

Right now, even play makers can do 100 dribble moves into a standing shot. Wouldn't it be easier and better for your class to have that shot apply to your shot off dribble rating which can get a low 80s?
Old 11-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #27
Rookie

The solution is simple, if you do not like game don't play it.

Where I'm from you don't run to forums and complain, you put in the work to stop it.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #28
Rookie

Its like all the people who were holding X and being blessed last year came out the woodworks

Old 11-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Its like all the people who were holding X and being blessed last year came out the woodworks

You honestly think I don't know how to defend? I've been playing this game since the original on dream cast. I've been watching basketball my whole life. It's not about the know how, it's the fact there currently ISN'T a consistent way to stop them. Especially a full squad of them. Had a few games on the park with 2 SS and a stretch big. They've all been 10-15 point blow outs. From the game preventing me from closing out because I get the over exaggerated late contest animation. Or, I'm laying on the ground when you're shooting from 35.

You should literally ONLY be that deadly in catch and shoot situations. Your FIRST badge is catch and shoot hall of fame! Why would you be upset at that? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE DEADLIEST IN CATCH AND SHOOT. Not dancing around a hundred screens and throwing up shots from half court.

Be forced to play your role like the rest of us and watch all these kids go make play makers.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
I wasn't trying to create another SS bashing thread.

On topic, would you other classes prefer if the shoot off dribble rating meant SHOOT OFF DRIBBLE instead of moving shots?

Right now, even play makers can do 100 dribble moves into a standing shot. Wouldn't it be easier and better for your class to have that shot apply to your shot off dribble rating which can get a low 80s?

This is the ideal thing to do. It would be a easy way to balance the game back out and make sharpshooters play more so to how they were intended to be played and doesn't make them any worse than they are now as they can still shoot of the catch they just can't do a lot of the cheese they do now.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #31
Rookie

Curry, the best shooter in NBA history, is a sharpshooter. Considering he has 1 HOF badge while I have 5, its common sense my shooting at least be on par with his.

People get so caught up in "roles" that they don't even try to find their own identity. They just want everyone to be the exact same player.

Sorry that I stand out the pack.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
Simply put, the shoot off the dribble rating needs to apply to dribbling into your shot. Whereas, any movement with the ball previous to shooting should count as a moving shot, even a stop and pop. The way this helps balance everything out is the sharp shooters have the lowest shot off dribble rating and they should be penalized for non catch and shoot situations. This helps play makers, slashers, AND shot creators have a fighting chance to compete. This would mean no more dancing around screens and dropping 35 footers unless you're a play maker.

Furthermore, and this might need to apply for next year, I think the shoot off dribble rating should be a modifier of the true rating of the shooter. Meaning, a slasher would get a shot of 58*84 or something rather than immediately handing them an 84 3 ball.

There's absolutely no reason as a shot creator that once I get space I have to take a low percentage leaner. No, I should be able to step back with the stock and go from a 70 3pt to a 90 in this year's edition.

If there's no way to balance the game via shooting percentages, then the types of shots taken need to be taken into account.

A Kyle korver inspired class should play like Kyle korver, coming off off ball screens in catch and shoot situations vs, handing the ball themselves.
Sure, do that. Then you'll be back here complaining how Shot Creators are literally dominating the game. 70+ dunks, 80+ layups, with 90+ shooting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »