Home

A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

This is a discussion on A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 11:24 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
...that's the whole point of this entire archetype system. It's ALL gimmicky.

The problem with the 'proposition' is that it changes the ENTIRE shooting system to include ALL shots once the ball hits the floor. You simply move the problem to another archetype. And, in that instance, you create an even BIGGER problem in that you create an archetype that become the 'do-it-all' that everyone cries about.

Personally, I don't care, but if that change happens, I'd give it two weeks before this place is flooded with 'Shot Creators are OP!' topics. You go from one archetype that can shoot well from standing shots and decent from off-the-dribble shots and can do nothing else well, to an archetype that, once the ball touches the floor, has a 90+ rating to all their shots PLUS mid 80s driving layups AND mid 70s dunks.

Now, which one do you think will become more problematic?
The difference is I don't sweat bullets because you crossed half court. And you're high you don't think there's ALREADY a tons of shot creators out there but NO ONE uses them hardly as they're supposed to. I played with a guy today who dribbled a lot and got himself open and only took standing midrange shots. Drove me insane because I'm on my big man and can't show him that fading is the ONLY way to get our shots off.

And you're talking about JUST shot creators. You know slashers and playmakers have high SOD rating but you don't see those guys fading every time because they don't NEED to.

And anyone that's played slasher knows they DESPERATELY need a secondary scoring threat. If a slasher could hit a 3 off a pick and roll that would make EVERYONE wanna play slasher.

Instead of hand cuffing every other archetype and having one do it all archetype, make all archetypes do it all again.

Slashers will NEVER excel in catch and shoot situations, they'll be the worst still. Play makers and shoot creators would stay the same. But now everyone BUT sharp shooters can shoot off the dribble and sharp shooters are forced to play catch and shoot, your arguing this?

Right now if RTTF started today I guarantee you the winners would be 3 sharp shooters and 2 stretch bigs and anyone who DIDN'T have that line up gets blown out by 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 11:24 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
How is every other archetype limited? I can put up 30 with a shot creator easily, or a triple dub every time with my point forward. Learn the game and not the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do it then, don't just say it, do it against a good pro-am team.

Even better, stream it.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:29 PM   #67
Banned

Quote:
How is every other archetype limited? I can put up 30 with a shot creator easily, or a triple dub every time with my point forward. Learn the game and not the forums.

If only you had a shot creator you would understand. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being cash in transition. A pull up from midrange in transition is just good basketball. But when I see non SC players hit that and hit it well, it's like..... Well what's the point?
Play makers dance around screens until someone falls and pops a 3, that's not so bad. When I get a pick set and I try to do the same play but I brick it doesn't make sense when I have a HIGHER SOD rating than him. I'd have to fade and hope my badges pop up. L
Old 11-17-2016, 11:34 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
The difference is I don't sweat bullets because you crossed half court. And you're high you don't think there's ALREADY a tons of shot creators out there but NO ONE uses them hardly as they're supposed to. I played with a guy today who dribbled a lot and got himself open and only took standing midrange shots. Drove me insane because I'm on my big man and can't show him that fading is the ONLY way to get our shots off.

And you're talking about JUST shot creators. You know slashers and playmakers have high SOD rating but you don't see those guys fading every time because they don't NEED to.

And anyone that's played slasher knows they DESPERATELY need a secondary scoring threat. If a slasher could hit a 3 off a pick and roll that would make EVERYONE wanna play slasher.

Instead of hand cuffing every other archetype and having one do it all archetype, make all archetypes do it all again.

Slashers will NEVER excel in catch and shoot situations, they'll be the worst still. Play makers and shoot creators would stay the same. But now everyone BUT sharp shooters can shoot off the dribble and sharp shooters are forced to play catch and shoot, your arguing this?

Right now if RTTF started today I guarantee you the winners would be 3 sharp shooters and 2 stretch bigs and anyone who DIDN'T have that line up gets blown out by 30.
That's their fault for making a playstyle and not knowing how to use it.

I'm using Shot Creators because that's what the suggested adjustment would benefit the most. They'd literally go from 'having to take gimmicky shots to score well' to 'every shot that ISN'T a catch-and-shoot becomes 90+.' And because of their other offensive ratings, they become the 'do-it-all' archetype on offense, as long as they don't catch-and-shoot. I already have my SC in the wings waiting just in case.

If they make all archetypes 'do-it-all' again, I don't really care if the do or don't. But the suggestion made is, IMO, stupid. That makes Sharpshooters even more ridiculously easy to guard, and makes Shot Creators extremely more difficult to stop. But hey, if people want that change, go for it. I'll just be here watching the board get flooded with new 'OP archetype' topics.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 11-17-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:37 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:

I'm using Shot Creators because that's what the suggested adjustment would benefit the most. They'd literally go from 'having to take gimmicky shots to score well' to 'every shot that ISN'T a catch-and-shoot becomes 90+.' And because of their other offensive ratings, they become the 'do-it-all' archetype on offense, as long a shot they don't catch-and-shoot. I already have my SC in the wings waiting just in case.

If they make all archetypes 'do-it-all' again, I don't really care if the do or don't. But the suggestion made is, IMO, stupid. That makes Sharpshooters even more ridiculously easy to guard, and makes Shot Creators extremely more difficult to stop. But hey, if people want that change, go for it. I'll just be here watching the board get flooded with new 'OP archetype' topics.
If I could pop a transition 3 on my slasher, you'd never see me on my shot creator again.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:57 AM   #70
Banned

Yeah I'm done with this game online. There's no point.

Just lost 2 in a row to side to side cheese. No dribbles, no screens. A shorter stretch big on a post scorer so he had enough speed to just keep turboing back and forth till he got enough separation. Then a SG who did the exact same thing but way better.

Wasn't the side to side thing 2k14? So we've literally lost 3 years of progress to the LIMITLESS RANGE HOF badge.

Gtfoh defending these clowns.

Side too side? Really? Turbo and left stick back and forth till 3 inches of space, pull.

I really had a lot of hope for this year.

I'm missing wide open fades with SC, getting blocked by tiny play makers on my slasher and y'all can side to side?

Really hard for me to not delete this game right now.

I've given up around 7-8 months into 15, 16, and it looks like I won't make it 3 months with 17.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:18 AM   #71
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I'm using Shot Creators because that's what the suggested adjustment would benefit the most. They'd literally go from 'having to take gimmicky shots to score well' to 'every shot that ISN'T a catch-and-shoot becomes 90+.' And because of their other offensive ratings, they become the 'do-it-all' archetype on offense, as long as they don't catch-and-shoot. I already have my SC in the wings waiting just in case.

The two points you made are valid and intelligible.

If it's about mitigating the swelling: creating another monster is not a fix. I do deem the concern you allude to doesn't end the case for balance outright: it makes us mindful, precisely. The conversation itself is still productive albeit limited to being more of a brainstorming discussion for improvements in 2k18 should the archetypes return.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
I'm just tired of the same people complaining, they get their nerfs and still complain. What does my post frequency have to do with anything?

Says the guy who thinks I'm not allowed to be in this thread because I posted in the my team sub forum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »