Home

Patch 1.06 on route.... No ETA

This is a discussion on Patch 1.06 on route.... No ETA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2016, 06:30 PM   #33
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Patch 1.06 on route.... No ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
That's all well and good but we continue to have a lack of well made PS4 rosters as an alternate for the current year. Xbox users are very lucky in that regard. No one has replaced BedwardsRoy as a top notch roster maker who hits the attributes and tendencies.
Turty's rosters for the PS4 are significantly better than any roster I've ever used. Looking at badges and ratings some would be fooled and instantly develop bias, but I challenge anyone to play a few games and dislike them. You'll see animations and situations you've never seen in this game. With slider tweaks to your liking and playbook edits, his rosters are absolutely amazing.

This level of roster edits should ship with the game. I know Beds did great rosters before getting hired by 2K, but to be frank the rosters since he's been there have been garbage. I'm sure it's not on him because his edits were better than what he's done as an employee, so obviously he doesn't have final say. I'm just confused as to why they would sooner have crap rosters representing their product. I question a lot they do though.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
That's all well and good but we continue to have a lack of well made PS4 rosters as an alternate for the current year. Xbox users are very lucky in that regard. No one has replaced BedwardsRoy as a top notch roster maker who hits the attributes and tendencies.
All I see on here on PS4 rosters, I figured there would be a ton of options.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 11-20-2016, 10:36 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

So are we expected to get a patch this week?

Here is to hoping for big gameplay changes for us off-line players..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

>Offline players
Bruh don't get your hopes up. I'm a primarily MyCareer + MyLeague, or Play Now with friends. It's frustrating as hell when the actual gameplay (not online features or some silly stuff) is awful.

I don't want to compare across franchises, but FIFA, regardless of how much a money-grab UT is (I've never spent real money beyond the actual purchase of games + DLC if required), has consistently improved gameplay (defense AI esp.).

2K is focusing on sponsorships and partnerships and VC. 2K is taking money-grab to another level.
FIFA's never come out with a game that says, "Hey, let's ruin the offline experience when you play with your mates just so we can make this balanced for online gameplay.".

Instead, balance both simultaneously, in a manner which stays true to the sport which you're emulating, that is NBA basketball. If it means cheese online, at least people can retort and say, "That's because this reflects reality, we're all 95 rated shooting guards focusing our stats offensively, of course we're gonna hit all these 3s" instead of the frustration and illogical gameplay we're getting now, where there's actually no incentive to put the ball on the floor and drive (so why not shoot 3s all day).

I just hope the next update fixes gameplay issues. 2K ain't got no love for us if we ain't putting money in their pockets.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
>Offline players
Bruh don't get your hopes up. I'm a primarily MyCareer + MyLeague, or Play Now with friends. It's frustrating as hell when the actual gameplay (not online features or some silly stuff) is awful.

I don't want to compare across franchises, but FIFA, regardless of how much a money-grab UT is (I've never spent real money beyond the actual purchase of games + DLC if required), has consistently improved gameplay (defense AI esp.).

2K is focusing on sponsorships and partnerships and VC. 2K is taking money-grab to another level.
FIFA's never come out with a game that says, "Hey, let's ruin the offline experience when you play with your mates just so we can make this balanced for online gameplay.".

Instead, balance both simultaneously, in a manner which stays true to the sport which you're emulating, that is NBA basketball. If it means cheese online, at least people can retort and say, "That's because this reflects reality, we're all 95 rated shooting guards focusing our stats offensively, of course we're gonna hit all these 3s" instead of the frustration and illogical gameplay we're getting now, where there's actually no incentive to put the ball on the floor and drive (so why not shoot 3s all day).

I just hope the next update fixes gameplay issues. 2K ain't got no love for us if we ain't putting money in their pockets.
Good post. I'm a career guy too, and this game in its current state is bad; really bad. All the things promised in those pre-release blogs have turned out to be...not exactly true in any way, shape, or form. If archetypes are in the game next year I won't buy the game at all, but either way my pre-ordering days are over because I can't trust the propaganda any more. We're being delivered a current gen game governed by last gen limitations.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #38
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Good post. I'm a career guy too, and this game in its current state is bad; really bad. All the things promised in those pre-release blogs have turned out to be...not exactly true in any way, shape, or form. If archetypes are in the game next year I won't buy the game at all, but either way my pre-ordering days are over because I can't trust the propaganda any more. We're being delivered a current gen game governed by last gen limitations.
Same here if archtypes are in 2k18 I'm done with this. In my opinion this was the stupidest move 2k has made for this mode. Just to squeeze more VC coins out of consumers they introduced this and added a ton of limitations to My Player. I see all the off line players enjoying the game with adjusted sliders and custom settings yet we can't do jack and have to play with this awful unbalanced and bugged mode. I really tried to give this game a chance but as far as My Career is concerned by far the worst one going back all the way to 2k10 .

The last bug with doing work meter disappearing is the icing on the cake for me. I just hit superstar 1 in My Park (which was brutal and painful with a slasher) and I didn't even get my 2 extra upgrades.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #39
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

The fact that we have developers asking OS users for advice on how to improve on simple core game-play aspects (like shooting percentages) is TROUBLING to say the least.

You guys have been developing this game for years and you are still unsure of how to fix your own game...

RELEASE A BETA! RELEASE A DEMO! RELEASE A PROPER GAME OUT OF THE BOX THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE 10 PATCHES TO MAKE IT FUN!

2K is so focused on micro transactions and appeasing to the MyPlayer crowd that it has lost it's way. You're still making cash...why bother making a proper game of basketball that is actually enjoyable, right?

Even now as you work on 2K18, all you're thinking about is what new ways you can exploit people's willingness to throw their money away on virtual attributes and shoes...

I won't pay for another 2K game until they show a willingness to move in another direction.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
The fact that we have developers asking OS users for advice on how to improve on simple core game-play aspects (like shooting percentages) is TROUBLING to say the least.

You guys have been developing this game for years and you are still unsure of how to fix your own game...

RELEASE A BETA! RELEASE A DEMO! RELEASE A PROPER GAME OUT OF THE BOX THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE 10 PATCHES TO MAKE IT FUN!

2K is so focused on micro transactions and appeasing to the MyPlayer crowd that it has lost it's way. You're still making cash...why bother making a proper game of basketball that is actually enjoyable, right?

Even now as you work on 2K18, all you're thinking about is what new ways you can exploit people's willingness to throw their money away on virtual attributes and shoes...

I won't pay for another 2K game until they show a willingness to move in another direction.
I don't agree with this statement at all. They are smart enough to ask the fan base about a core mechanic is smart bordering on genius. I hope they will continue to go to this well, but I wish they would start some beta testing prior to release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »