Home

Pham pretty much shows why offline 2k is dead

This is a discussion on Pham pretty much shows why offline 2k is dead within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Pham pretty much shows why offline 2k is dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZCGc1MCqsE

Not much else to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 03:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pham pretty much shows why offline 2k is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
Sam Pham is really late to this issue. He's championing it now after being slighted by a dev. His original position was all about making the right defensive settings ect...

I have been stating that ACE is broken from day 1. For some odd reason ACE will get stuck in "Shrink The Floor" and it doesn't matter if you have ACE on or off, this is why he's seeing those hard hedges and off ball gap. This is nothing new, it's a day 1 problem. I made a thread about will it be fixed in 2k17 after patch # 4.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
Pro

Yes The cpu is not optimally roatating as needed in those clips but the bigger isssue is the lack of on ball pressure on the passer. No one would be able to consistently snap those passes to the roll man while facing a light double team like that in real life due to the passing angles being eliminated by the bodies and raised arms of the defenders. This is an issue that doesnt get brought up enough. If the on ball defender is cutting you off from driving then, in 2k, it is like he is invisible. Go watch defense in the NBA and observe how tight pressure on the ball prevents guys from throwing the ball to wherever they want. People cant rocket the ball into paint even when the there is a guy that is wide open under rim because you cant pass through your on ball defender like you can in 2k.

Ive seen on ball defenders steal bounce passes but not chest passes which totally perplexing to me and should be the other way around.

If you add the on ball pressure element to the game then you take gigantic leap towards being sim. You also counteract the unrealistic state of being able to view the entire floor at all times. Same is criticzing the help defense but doesnt realizes that he is also taking advantage of being able to pass the ball, unaltered, through a double team on the money...every single time.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #4
Pro

Pack odds are looooow. $20 used to get you a player you could put on your team. $40 would get you 2-3 players.

A few days ago, I spent $20 and didn't even pull a single emerald!! Not that I would have used any emeralds, but I used to view emeralds as low golds that were commonly unused such as Al Jefferson, IT, or Al Horford. When All I got was 79 rated players or lower, I told myself I would never buy packs again.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
Rookie

meccs's Arena

It's the only NBA game out there. What are you going to do? Not buy it? We all know that's not going to happen, regardless what you say now.

But yes, we deserve better!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
It's the only NBA game out there. What are you going to do? Not buy it? We all know that's not going to happen, regardless what you say now.

...yes

Why would you continue paying for a product that doesn't deliver? Because it's the only one available? That's silly, and it's how you end up with a consistently poor product (not suggesting that is what 2K is delivering) but if you continue to do the same thing you'll continue to receive the same things.

I will not be purchasing 2K18 because 1) I like money more than 2K, 2) I don't being treated like a glorified (and unpaid) beta tester, and 3) I don't trust that 2K will address it's major issues.

It's not fun for me to have to beat my CPU opponent and the gameplay issues. I can overlook many issues in a game. If I couldn't I'd never enjoy any game. But some of the issues in 2K have been there was for years, and I've only been playing since 2K15.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #7
MVP

Defense is broken by day 1

EVERYONE could see it

Sam Pham came up with slightly different defensive settings (which was adopted by almost all comunity) which mitigated a bit the problem , BUT turned all games into unrealistic, same games

How realistic is when all teams (online) play help and no rotation?

Basically is abusing the fact that on-ball defense by CPU is magnetic.

But the game has turned itno a constant 1vs 1, 2 vs 2 includind a pnr
Old 11-16-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs

I'm an avid basketball and NBA fan, I watch every game of the Lakers I can (a bit hard since I live in Spain) and I've played NBA2K since 2k5. And seeing all the bull**** I've seen (and I only play MyCareer!), I won't buy 2k18 until I'm sure it's an enjoyable experience for me. No more day-one purchase, and thankfully this year I didn't spend any extra money on VC.

So, I don't give a **** if it's the only NBA game out there. If I don't like/enjoy and think 2k is being abusive and even disrespectful at times, I'm not spending my money on it. However, there might be other people that don't think how I do, of course. To each his own, I suppose.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »