Home

Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually does

This is a discussion on Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually does within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #9
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually

How funny would it be if the "update required" wasn't even a gameplay tuning update but like a face scan or shoe update.

That would be hilarious based on the "game is once again broken" comments.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually

I really appreciate those essential shoe updates instead of gameplay ones.

They really know what is the important thing here.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #11
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRubio9
I really appreciate those essential shoe updates instead of gameplay ones.

They really know what is the important thing here.
lol i'm not saying I approve of these shoe updates and stuff over gameplay updates but I would find it hilarious if the people saying "2k updated their game again and now it plays like poop" find out that the update didn't even tweak any gameplay related elements.

Then it would be complaining just to complain and WANTING there to be something wrong with the game every time 2k tries something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #12
Banned

Play Now Online: 3 point shots have definitely been more difficult to hit in the last two days. I've missed most of open shots with Mirotic and McDermott whereas until 17th November I could hit with Rondo and Wade consistently as long as they were open.
It would be interesting to know if these shooting tweaks will be a regular thing throughout the year to make it new and challenging all the time or is this permanent.
Oh and they should definitely tone down Town's and Dieng's offensive rebounding, it's ridiculous.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #13
Rookie

MagicM's Arena

Played my first game after this quick updated and just got blown out by the Knicks 129-96 in my career after having thrillers with Brooklyn and Portland yesterday. The way the hof a.i. played was disturbing on both side,it's has gotten worst. My teammates played like first graders and the cpu literally abused the and1 cheese. Smh.

Last edited by MagicM; 11-21-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #14
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

The tuning updates in the last day have made my offline game worse. Rocket passes are making a bit of a comeback for the CPU, and I'm feeling more quicksand in animations as my players try to contest shots or catch passes.

I'm also seeing more of a return of CPU defying physics to win loose balls and get rebounds, with things like small PG's grabbing offensive boards while surrounded by three defenders, including two guys over 6'10".

I had a lot of this stuff minimized with my sliders and roster edits before the blizzard of little tuner updates I've seen come out in the last 24 hours. I was getting decent 2K games. But not now.

The tuners also really nerfed my user shooting, especially 3 pt. I can adjust that with sliders, so I'm not complaining about that, but why these additional changes offline were needed I have no idea, when it's the online guys who are causing all the shot tuning changes.

I'll try some other slider adjustments - again - but this is getting ridiculous. I quit the game for a while before patch 5 and came back after but lord it's a struggle.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
How funny would it be if the "update required" wasn't even a gameplay tuning update but like a face scan or shoe update.

That would be hilarious based on the "game is once again broken" comments.
well, that's what is actually happening...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have seen one update required message on PC and that was when the huge roster update came out.

So I guess if u don't want those messages just come to the platform they always neglect

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »