Home

Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually does

This is a discussion on Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually does within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoS2411
And once again, they messed up EVERYTHING with an update

I was having decent games vs HOF cpu for a while, I adjusted sliders a bit for decent gameplay and tight realistic games

Today i get an "update required" and after that the cpu has become superhuman again...

They can dribble in the middle of all your guys without never loosing the ball, they get unreal steals all the time (just as you press pass, the cpu center does 5 meters in 0,5 sec to steal the ball...), not a single screen is working for you, your jumpshots don't go in anymore, your cpu teammates in defense stop marking their man for no reason...

SERIOUSLY what is the point of screwing up the game like this on a regular basis ?? So if i understand, i have to once again struggle again with the settings and difficulty to achieve decent gameplay until the next update that will mess everything up in 2 weeks or so ??

Indeed, they should really communicate about the nature of the updates... when are they coming, and what they are supposed to "fix"...

Totally agree!!! I was having a blast last week and now I am mad again.

There is not one full week that I can play the game without having to relearn things because they keep trying to fix what is not broken... I only play offline myleague... it sucks to not have consistency on the gameplay

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2016, 06:22 PM   #18
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: Every UPDATE REQUIRED message should come with bullet points of what it actually

Per Scott's Twitter, there was another "big" ACE update. I haven't reviewed his timeline to determine if it was today or yesterday.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 PM   #19
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

If I was 2K, I would put out placebo "updates" just to sit back and laugh when people say, "It was all good yesterday until the update; now I ________."

Some of these things, I am sure yall are imagining you are seeing.

But, I agree with OP.

A list of what was updated would be nice
Old 11-19-2016, 08:21 PM   #20
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah transparency would be great, but just about just every update are some minor rotations, art changes.

Mike said he'd let us know of any tuning changes.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:13 AM   #21
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicM
Played my first game after this quick updated and just got blown out by the Knicks 129-96 in my career after having a thrillers with Brooklyn and Portland yesterday. The way the hof a.i. played was disturbing on both side,it's at gotten worst. My teammates played like first graders adn the cpu literally abused the and1 cheese. Smh.
I'm experiencing the same on Superstar in MyCareer. I just had this game (I'm on the Hawks):

My team was shooting for less than 30%. Basically no rebounds from them. I was shooting for ~50% so this did only effect my teammates. I also did 4/10 from 3. In all the 2K games, I have never witnessed something like this. Whenever would give the ball out of my hands it was turnover or brick. It felt completely broken.

Last edited by meccs; 11-20-2016 at 03:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #22
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
How funny would it be if the "update required" wasn't even a gameplay tuning update but like a face scan or shoe update.

That would be hilarious based on the "game is once again broken" comments.
If you hex edited 2K back on the 360 & PS3, you would realize minor changes to a save file's code changes gameplay.

Added a CF to a MyCareer player, boosted a few attributes (speed, vertical, handling), a few dunk packages, added some accessories, and made my player a SF/PF instead of SF/SG...& the gameplay was bananas. Everything was sped up, my teammates wouldn't defend anyone, the CPU was automatic from damn near anywhere.

Lol, folks think 2K's codebase is a lot more stable than it actually is. The source code acts like it might be from the time when there were no patches, & they keep building on it. *IF* that's the case...any update that can't be optimized in-house has the potential to throw stuff out of whack.

Edit something ---------> here

Inadvertently affects something waaaaaay <--------------------- over there

Unless they can unit test every possible use case & variable imaginable. Which I doubt, due to time constraints.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:52 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 19

It's just the automated daily roster update.

Anything more significant goes into a patch.

They already do tell you in a memo at startup when shoes etc are added to the game......
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 11-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #24
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
It's just the automated daily roster update.

Anything more significant goes into a patch.

They already do tell you in a memo at startup when shoes etc are added to the game......
This is absolutely not true. They have stated that these in-game updates allow them to tweak gameplay stuff without a patch when they introduced this feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »