Home

2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18

This is a discussion on 2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #9
Rookie

meccs's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18

The double teaming is the first thing they need to eliminate. It is ruining MyCareer for me. Every possession they will double me. Of course you get assists like crazy but you also lose the ball a lot and it's not fun and not realistic at all. It's game breaking imho. Absolute nonsense and a legacy problem.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: 2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18

That's why I tried to experiment on different sliders, default HOF is easily roasted on 2k17. In 2k16, I just played HOF, and it was all good.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #11
Banned

honestly, i'm not too familiar with the ace system and how it works, but i watched the video from your other thread on the cp3/blake pnr abuse and it's def broken - something is broken. all i know is that interior defense was completely nonexistent. i don't think any ace adjustment was to blame there - it's just simple lack of interior d. blake should have been fouled, blocked, contested, anything but just left with free reign to the basket. even as diferent as the nba is today than it was in the eighties, the paint is still somewhat sacred and needs to be protected.

and i agree - this stuff needs to be fixed with a patch, even if it takes a month or two. we shouldn't have to wait until 2k18 - it's just unacceptable fundamental basketball flaws. five patches and possibly six in, none of the major gameplay flaws have been addressed properly. passing, fast breaks, DEFENSE, unnecessary cpu boosts and perfect mirror-like on-ball cpu defense just off of the top of my head. it's pretty rage incuding and game breaking.

this game has so much potential with it's great additions this year, but those additions need TUNING AND POLISHING, otherwise they're absolutely useless and actually end up hurting the game.

sorry to derail, but all of the above sort of ties in with what we're up in arms about here. at least i didn't derail as hard as someone else here...

Last edited by psydefx; 11-19-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 05:49 PM   #12
MVP

Point of Order

Adaptive Coaching Engine(ACE)

1. ACE = ON, means that the CPU Coach will call everything for "YOU", but you must make sure everything is in "AUTO".

2. ACE = OFF Means You must call the Plays and Defensive Sets, Because it is "OFF" meaning the CPU Coach has no input.

The CPU ACE is always on no matter what, So your ACE on has no influence on the CPU.

And just a bone to pick. I would never find out these AI issues, because I play basketball, I love the deliberate nuance of play. My enjoyment is seeing the adjustments not by spamming looking for an exploit, just playing basketball taking what the defense gives me. To me this equates to Maddens "nanoblitz" issue, I would have never known about it, if it wasn't for the internet.

Not knocking your stress method, I really enjoy it and hope they can fix these exploits. Keep Grinding.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like how people try to dismiss this as "Oh you are just cheesing the computer"

Really? He's just running a simple pick and fade. If that simple of a play is completely breaking the CPU then obviously we know where the issue is.. This is not similar to "Money plays" in Madden. This is literally just a broken product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Point of Order

Adaptive Coaching Engine(ACE)

1. ACE = ON, means that the CPU Coach will call everything for "YOU", but you must make sure everything is in "AUTO".

2. ACE = OFF Means You must call the Plays and Defensive Sets, Because it is "OFF" meaning the CPU Coach has no input.

The CPU ACE is always on no matter what, So your ACE on has no influence on the CPU.

And just a bone to pick. I would never find out these AI issues, because I play basketball, I love the deliberate nuance of play. My enjoyment is seeing the adjustments not by spamming looking for an exploit, just playing basketball taking what the defense gives me. To me this equates to Maddens "nanoblitz" issue, I would have never known about it, if it wasn't for the internet.

Not knocking your stress method, I really enjoy it and hope they can fix these exploits. Keep Grinding.
See I disagree completely. It's not a "nano blitz" or anything in my opinion. In my experience with Madden you have to call the right plays and then move players around to the exact position before the ball is snapped and then they "cheese" their way to the QB. You have to make a lot of changes at the line to get these cheese plays to work properly.

In 2k though he's just pressing one button to call a pick and fade. That's it. He's not running any game breaking play.. it's literally the most basic play in all of basketball! The CPU should be adapting properly to stop this.

Edit* I do agree just running it over and over and over again is somewhat "cheesing" it but he's only doing that to show you how broken the system is. I only play offline MyLeague and the team I use is good on P&R and P&F's.. I feel like I can't even run these plays because everytime I run a pick and fade my fade guy is always open from 3. Like every single time.

Last edited by DreamAgain; 11-19-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
I like how people try to dismiss this as "Oh you are just cheesing the computer"

Really? He's just running a simple pick and fade. If that simple of a play is completely breaking the CPU then obviously we know where the issue is.. This is not similar to "Money plays" in Madden. This is literally just a broken product.

See I disagree completely. It's not a "nano blitz" or anything in my opinion. In my experience with Madden you have to call the right plays and then move players around to the exact position before the ball is snapped and then they "cheese" their way to the QB. You have to make a lot of changes at the line to get these cheese plays to work properly.

In 2k though he's just pressing one button to call a pick and fade. That's it. He's not running any game breaking play.. it's literally the most basic play in all of basketball! The CPU should be adapting properly to stop this.

Edit* I do agree just running it over and over and over again is somewhat "cheesing" it but he's only doing that to show you how broken the system is. I only play offline MyLeague and the team I use is good on P&R and P&F's.. I feel like I can't even run these plays because everytime I run a pick and fade my fade guy is always open from 3. Like every single time.
I'm glad you missed my point completely. I said I don't play like this and I would never know of the issues, just like the nano blitz. I'm not saying he's cheesing or anything, If you read what I said,

My closing statement in the original post.

"Not knocking your stress method, I really enjoy it and hope they can fix these exploits. Keep Grinding."
Old 11-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #15
Pro

I don't have these issues in season mode.

CPU pick and roll D is generally very good.

It may be because I am using sliders also...raise D awareness...change some coach settings.

Without wishing to criticise Sam Pham, you can kind of do two things at this point:

1. make some slider adjustments and coaching adjustments (season mode contol all)

2. Obsess over everything...play 'one off' games (historically always poor)...make videos....end up not enjoying anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks for being very detailed Sam.

I was able to reproduce some of the results you showed, but I did see good rotations a lot of the time aswell.

I don't think its a money play, because it didnt work all the time. It is a very specific set of circumstances that you have found. At the core, once again, is the trapping double off the screen. The devs will know this logic needs to be tightened.

Currently when there is a double of the ball handler, the other 3 guys stick to their man too often. I think you showed the double coming off McCollum, Ive shown it off Redick. I have no doubt this will be tightened up in coming editions.

The system is not broken, and Im glad you didnt use that term. Other posters have in this thread and they are flat wrong. ACE is an ongoing project, and more wrinkles will be added every year.

For example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
I only play offline MyLeague and the team I use is good on P&R and P&F's.. I feel like I can't even run these plays because everytime I run a pick and fade my fade guy is always open from 3. Like every single time.
Im glad you brought up the pick and fade issue up.

Last year I had a money play with Cleveland. Call top of the key iso with Irving and get all 4 teammates flattened out along the baseline. I'd call a PNF with Love. Attack off the screen with Irving. Every time both defendes would go with him leaving Love wide open for a 3.

I just ran this exact same play for a half just then.

Sure I popped open Love a couple of times. But I also switches. I saw Love's defender staying attached. I saw rotation onto Love from the wing.

There is no doubt it needs to be tightened up but the advances made in basketball IQ over the 2 years of the system have been incredible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »