Home

Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

This is a discussion on Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #9
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
So you think it's pretty normal sending insulting messages to complete strangers?

I played against a guy, who was losing by 20 and since I have turned messages of on PSN, he sent me a friend request message with " I am going to kill you mother****" You find this normal?
I find this hilarious.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #10
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

That is actually hilarious. Kids get super salty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #11
MVP

Guys, I am 35 yo. I don't even care about these things. But what about if I was 16-17? You know, these things can upset someone.

Also you may need to consider different cultures. Something that can be considered salty or hilarious in a region can be considered VERY rude in other areas or even continents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #12
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Guys, I am 35 yo. I don't even care about these things. But what about if I was 16-17? You know, these things can upset someone.

Also you may need to consider different cultures. Something that can be considered salty or hilarious in a region can be considered VERY rude in other areas or even continents
This is absolutely true. I'm a PS4 guy, but even then I use a very proper tone. I don't use insults, I actually just bring up gameplay facts and let them throw insults. On the mic....I'm an *** if inebriated, but I try to not be offensive or derogatory in text.

That said, XBOX"S EULA more than likely states it can ban you for X. You need Live for 2k's online portion. So you know, that's how it works

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #13
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

I believe OP is talking about the communication suspension Microsoft enforces. It's not an Xbox Live ban, and with every other game you are able to play online during this suspension, but with 2K's MyPARK and Pro-AM mode it does not allow you to.

That said, I had a week suspension last year. Same thing. Messaged a guy to "pass the explicit ball, you are killing us." Last time I will do that, I'll tell you. Now I politely message them saying, "Please try and pass the ball, good sir. Teamwork is the key to victory." Don't want to get hit with that suspension again lol.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 11-21-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #14
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

If you are going to play the insult game...live with the consequences.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #15
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Over the course of having an Xbox with Live, about 8 years, I've been banned for 24 hrs, 48 hrs, a week etc at least once a year I guess.

They DO NOT review cases. You get salty kids who abuse the report button and you get banned for stupid stuff like "harassment". HARASSMENT???!!! Mute me, block me, don't play with me don't join a party lmao...how can you harass someone?

When I got a week ban for "harassing" I literally almost sold my Xbox. I only ever send party invites or messages to people who literally cheat or exploit to a point it's cheating...and even then I don't curse because god forbid an adult who pays for his system and online says a bad word lol.

Yea they have the Xbox Code of Conduct, but they're more intent on banning adults who use "adult" language than kids who abuse unavoidable glitches and gameplay exploits which btw Microsoft is against your terms lol.

Pro Tip: use sarcasm in a message if you have to send one. A simple "Good Game (thumbs down emoji + crying laughing face)" will send a cheeser into some weird rage where they curse you out...then just report them.

But I guess more on topic, it is complete garbage 2K won't allow you to play online because of a communications ban. You can play CoD and stuff like that...just can't talk. It's utterly ridiculous.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
I believe OP is talking about the communication suspension Microsoft enforces. It's not an Xbox Live ban, and with every other game you are able to play online during this suspension, but with 2K's MyPARK and Pro-AM mode it does not allow you to.

That said, I had a week suspension last year. Same thing. Messaged a guy to "pass the explicit ball, you are killing us." Last time I will do that, I'll tell you. Now I politely message them saying, "Please try and pass the ball, good sir. Teamwork is the key to victory." Don't want to get hit with that suspension again lol.
"Please try and pass the ball, good sir" 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »