Home

Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

This is a discussion on Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #49
Banned

jax01's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

Banned again for "profanity"

'Cause I say such horrible things, such as:

"pass the ball rookie"

"you trash"

"you're terrible"

"get some bball iq noob"

etc.

Guess it's back to Playstation for me. Where Big Brother isn't trying to control peer to peer communication 24/7. Microsoft is interested in training a generation of gamers to be the most oversensitive special snowflake generation in the history of mankind. Smh. I'd rather be banned
than be censored. I'm not the kind of person that does the whole fake disneyland shticks. I tell people what I think. If that gets me banned, oh well.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #50
Banned

jax01's Arena

Re: Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

https://enforcement.xbox.com/united/home

There's your problem right there smh.

"Eligible volunteers are given the ability to judge whether certain types of content violate our Code of Conduct. If there is sufficient agreement within the community that the content breaks the rules, we'll take enforcement action on behalf of the community!"

Great, majority rules (however illogical or not) on what constitutes being butthurt! GJ microsoft.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #51
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01

"pass the ball rookie"

"you trash"

"you're terrible"

"get some bball iq noob"

etc.

Guess it's back to Playstation for me. Where Big Brother isn't trying to control peer to peer communication 24/7. Microsoft is interested in training a generation of gamers to be the most oversensitive special snowflake generation in the history of mankind. Smh. I'd rather be banned
than be censored. I'm not the kind of person that does the whole fake disneyland shticks. I tell people what I think. If that gets me banned, oh well.
Play the victimised martyr all you want. Hell, it might win you a Presidential nomination one day.

But you're being an annoying **** to people online. Stop it, or don't get on the mike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:

"pass the ball rookie"

"you trash"

"you're terrible"

"get some bball iq noob"

etc.

Through messages or was this in game chat or something?
Old 12-21-2016, 03:44 AM   #53
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
True point but at the same time, the EULA should be called out if it's unfair. A company has their discretion, and a customer has their power to call out the fairness of the policy. Same way a bad owner of a sports team can say "what you gonna do, I own the team suckas". Well fans can always boycott. Boycott XBL? Not likely, but spread awareness of its bad practices? Sure why not.

Ummm No. You have to start reading legal agreements instead just clicking Ok. Welcome to life. Read the fine print.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #54
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Ummm No. You have to start reading legal agreements instead just clicking Ok. Welcome to life. Read the fine print.
If you can read, I already explained earlier that "reading the fine print" wasn't my point.

These were messages, not on mic. Over-sensitive snowflakes have the OPTION to turn OFF messages from "strangers". They decided to play a game mode that is MULTIPLAYER with other HUMANS. That means, they should EXPECT messages. Usually relating to STRATEGY. Which is usually the messages I send people.

Snowflakes need to use the ready available tools xbox provides, or grow a set. Or simply block someone after one message. SIMPLE solutions that already exist.

Instead, they abuse the reporting system. That's my point. The benefit of the doubt is ALWAYS on the person reporting, rather than it being equal, or the understanding of the likelihood of false reports from over-sensitive but vindictive gamers.

And if you clicked the link, that proves my point. The system is being decided by GAMERS themselves, instead of fairness. So if the majority of gamers are immature, vengeful, and insensitive to ANY speech that isn't 100% friendly, then they make the rules, however ridiculous.

Point is, the system is broke, the "fine print" is broke and unfair. That's the point. If people like me were the problem, why have I NEVER even been cited on Playstation with the EXACT same messaging? Because this is a microsoft problem. Not to mention that it's completely inconsistent and baffing that banned players can play All-star teamup but not park? Where's the logic in that? Communication bans shouldn't REMOVE game modes, period.

I'm sorry but in an environment where calling a ballhog or buddyballers or game sabotagers "trash" = "harrassment", and being banned for that, that is an environment that takes itself way too seriously and unaware of what gaming is. Have these people ever played a sport in their life or been in the real world?

I'm not losing sleep over this lol, but how scary is it that someone like Microsoft is trying to control speech and train people to THIS extent. Where EVERYTHING is offensive, just if you say "hey noob pass the ball!". If someone is THAT over-sensitive, mommy and daddy need to turn off messages or not let them on XBL. At some point, it's the parents or gamer's responsibility to not expect everything to cater to their over-sensitivity. Block messaging. Easy solution.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:17 AM   #55
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Dude the only over-sensitive snowflake here is you.

Stop crying about it and move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #56
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm totally sure you only said things like "Noob" and "Trash".

If your gonna come on here to complain you might as well "man up" tell us what what ya really said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »