Home

Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

This is a discussion on Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #1
Banned

jax01's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

I just don't understand how it's possible that Xbox's code of conduct controls 2K's game modes? Yes 2K's game modes need XBL, but shouldn't the mode itself be accessible? Especially if it's a communication ban. Great, don't message anyone just play the game. What's wrong with that.

Btw, don't message anyone on XBL. You'll literally be banned if you call someone a "buttface". "Crap" is considered profanity. I had this confirmed with a tech. When that's the standard (the offendee is always right), any wonder why Trump won lol. I can't handle any more special snowflake stuff. I'll need to duct tape my mouth or cut off my hands to not type lol. I can understand reasonable code of conduct, but XBL's is completely illogical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

XBL enforcement team is terrible, can't even dispute cases or anything they need to get with times and get a phone team for their case of conduct rules, because support can't really help you if you get banned....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: Is it false advertising that mypark and proam are inaccessible when banned on XBL

Naahh, you need online connection and either PSN or XBL to play those modes, not a chance its on 2K.

If anything, think about this ... that someone can kill somebody and get away with it doesnt mean that you or anyone should try it.

If someone call you out in a bad manner, use the resources at hand and make a report ... I bet most times than not, those people would be in places like here making a similar thread.

Having said that, I am not judging you, am not OK with whatever you were said by those that got you banned either, nor do I say that XBL code is entirely faultless, what I do say however is that under the current scheme, 2K shouldnt even be considered partially at fault.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Naahh, you need online connection and either PSN or XBL to play those modes, not a chance its on 2K.

If anything, think about this ... that someone can kill somebody and get away with it doesnt mean that you or anyone should try it.

If someone call you out in a bad manner, use the resources at hand and make a report ... I bet most times than not, those people would be in places like here making a similar thread.

Having said that, I am not judging you, am not OK with whatever you were said by those that got you banned either, nor do I say that XBL code is entirely faultless, what I do say however is that under the current scheme, 2K shouldnt even be considered partially at fault.
Microsoft lives in a fairy tail utopian world where no one says anything ever. I had a PS4 and never got banned, using the exact same language, general trash talk. Trash talk is a foreign concept to these microsoft people probably because the only sport they ever played was Ultimate Frisbee and magic the gathering lmao. I've grown up playing multiple sports where these people would cry if they heard some of the language. The over sensitivity is ridiculous. And every game says "online interactions aren't rated E", or a simple solution is to block someone. Many games have cursing in the actual game, so it's completely hypocritical. Simple solutions.

Here's the logic - I got it straight from the tech's response that if someone got offended over "butthead" or "doo doo face", he can legitimately report you and get you banned because that's considered "profanity". Ridiculous and caters 100% to special snowflakes, it's just not a fair system.

I would think 2K wouldn't want their modes unplayable because of something XBL decided. That's something they could negotiate.

Last edited by jax01; 11-20-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe don't message random people on XBL and call them doo doo face? Is that too much to ask?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Microsoft lives in a fairy tail utopian world where no one says anything ever. I had a PS4 and never got banned, using the exact same language, general trash talk. Trash talk is a foreign concept to these microsoft people probably because the only sport they ever played was Ultimate Frisbee and magic the gathering lmao. I've grown up playing multiple sports where these people would cry if they heard some of the language. The over sensitivity is ridiculous. And every game says "online interactions aren't rated E", or a simple solution is to block someone. Many games have cursing in the actual game, so it's completely hypocritical. Simple solutions.

Here's the logic - I got it straight from the tech's response that if someone got offended over "butthead" or "doo doo face", he can legitimately report you and get you banned because that's considered "profanity". Ridiculous and caters 100% to special snowflakes, it's just not a fair system.

I would think 2K wouldn't want their modes unplayable because of something XBL decided. That's something they could negotiate.
Whoa, Boss. You leave Magic the hell out of this. There's more trash talk in one of our normal games of Kitchen Table Magic than some pick up games I've played in the school yard.

Also, Secret Tech: The thinking ahead and pre-planning aspect of magic strategy operates on a similar principal as chess. Getting that skill down will make you better at 2k, and just about everything. Reading the next 4 moves of a semi random card game is a lot harder than reading "Left or Right" in 2k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #7
Rookie

I got banned for a week for calling an opponent in Play Now Online a lil bitch. All he did was quick pause every time he scored and ran a cheesy alley op play all game. I was still able to play online though. I think this was because I don't have gold membership and access online games through another gold profile.

I am wondering if you can be banned through verbal communications in game not messages. If this is unenforceable then it maybe the way to trash talk or speak your mind to a-holes online.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #8
MVP

So you think it's pretty normal sending insulting messages to complete strangers?

I played against a guy, who was losing by 20 and since I have turned messages of on PSN, he sent me a friend request message with " I am going to kill you mother****" You find this normal?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »