Home

A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

This is a discussion on A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

Simply put, the shoot off the dribble rating needs to apply to dribbling into your shot. Whereas, any movement with the ball previous to shooting should count as a moving shot, even a stop and pop. The way this helps balance everything out is the sharp shooters have the lowest shot off dribble rating and they should be penalized for non catch and shoot situations. This helps play makers, slashers, AND shot creators have a fighting chance to compete. This would mean no more dancing around screens and dropping 35 footers unless you're a play maker.

Furthermore, and this might need to apply for next year, I think the shoot off dribble rating should be a modifier of the true rating of the shooter. Meaning, a slasher would get a shot of 58*84 or something rather than immediately handing them an 84 3 ball.

There's absolutely no reason as a shot creator that once I get space I have to take a low percentage leaner. No, I should be able to step back with the stock and go from a 70 3pt to a 90 in this year's edition.

If there's no way to balance the game via shooting percentages, then the types of shots taken need to be taken into account.

A Kyle korver inspired class should play like Kyle korver, coming off off ball screens in catch and shoot situations vs, handing the ball themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned

Re: A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

Come on... This is too easy a concept for no one to think this is a good idea.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

e.g. sharpshooter decrease shooting 92 > 85
playmaker speed with ball 92>85

i think that is the simplest way to balance game play in park/pro am
Old 11-16-2016, 11:23 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
Simply put, the shoot off the dribble rating needs to apply to dribbling into your shot. Whereas, any movement with the ball previous to shooting should count as a moving shot, even a stop and pop. The way this helps balance everything out is the sharp shooters have the lowest shot off dribble rating and they should be penalized for non catch and shoot situations. This helps play makers, slashers, AND shot creators have a fighting chance to compete. This would mean no more dancing around screens and dropping 35 footers unless you're a play maker.
I like this.

Though, putting in Illegal Screen calls definitely helped. I still have to guard sharp shooters closer than any other Archetype, but I have managed to stop em way more often after they patched illegal screens.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I like this.

Though, putting in Illegal Screen calls definitely helped. I still have to guard sharp shooters closer than any other Archetype, but I have managed to stop em way more often after they patched illegal screens.
i think illegal screen-off ball also need to be patch..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
Rookie

What makes you think the sharpshooter class is Kyle Korver, but a shot creator is automatically Kobe??? If you want balance stop the biased opinions. Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #7
Rookie

Hell, if you want all sharpshooters to be Kyle Korver, then lets turn all shot creators into Dion Waiters, and all playmakers to Grievis Vasquez. Learn to play the game and stop complaining. Stop depending on crying to Devs and play some friggin defense.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:40 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
What makes you think the sharpshooter class is Kyle Korver, but a shot creator is automatically Kobe??? If you want balance stop the biased opinions. Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Hell, if you want all sharpshooters to be Kyle Korver, then lets turn all shot creators into Dion Waiters, and all playmakers to Grievis Vasquez. Learn to play the game and stop complaining. Stop depending on crying to Devs and play some friggin defense.

Okay guys, lets play a game I call spot the sharpshooter!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »