Home

I'm finally in NBA 2K heaven right now!!

This is a discussion on I'm finally in NBA 2K heaven right now!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I'm finally in NBA 2K heaven right now!!

CPU 38/User 27 is the exact number for the body-up Sensitivity
Old 11-21-2016, 03:21 PM   #18
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerlong
CPU 38/User 27 is the exact number for the body-up Sensitivity

What has been your experiences since you dropped the body up slider?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #19
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I think the body up sensitivity was the main culprit in how 2K played on release vs how the game was post-patch. It seems as if the it was scaled up making the game have that stuck in the mud feel.
Was it lower directly after release and increased with the patches? Im never watching for slider changes before/after patches, but this would be interesting to know...Maybe someone with a retail/disc version could test this...

Testing this currently on PS4 with turty11's rosters...
Old 11-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #20
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo13clikke
Was it lower directly after release and increased with the patches? Im never watching for slider changes before/after patches, but this would be interesting to know...Maybe someone with a retail/disc version could test this...

Testing this currently on PS4 with turty11's rosters...

I don't think the number was dropped or raised. Moreso the slider was scaled to be higher. Much like they did with the shooting sliders. Meaning pre-patch, 50 felt like 30 and post patch, 50 felt like 80.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #21
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

Sliders adjustments aren't really going to fix the AI defensive rotations or obvious pace problems.

The CPU is still always going to take more shots than you and while your stats may even out to look almost realistic...the game is still playing like a ****-show...

And no...a patch won't fix the pace issues because this is a problem that 2K can't seem to fix. "We'll fix it next year" they'll assure you...bull.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #22
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
Sliders adjustments aren't really going to fix the AI defensive rotations or obvious pace problems.

The CPU is still always going to take more shots than you and while your stats may even out to look almost realistic...the game is still playing like a ****-show...

And no...a patch won't fix the pace issues because this is a problem that 2K can't seem to fix. "We'll fix it next year" they'll assure you...bull.

Fixed this issue too with the cpu outshooting me every game. I lowered all of their tendencies(mostly the shooting tendencies) down to 40 and now they use more of the shot clock up.

One reason why the cpu shoots more shots are due to two things:

1. User error-Since its virtually impossible to play a perfect defensive game like the cpu, there will be times in the game where your user input left a player wide open. The cpu is a beast at taking advantage of your mistakes so every so often, they will pull up a jumper early in the shot clock because you left them open. So in theory, if this happens multiple times a game, the cpu will always take more shots than the user.

2. Most 2k ballers such as myself like to try to let plays develop which takes a bit more time.(more like forever) So in the end most of us will have higher times of possession but take fewer shots.

Believe me, I went through great measures to get my numbers to match the rest of the NBA. I finally feel that I'm there. My shot numbers, percentages and turnover numbers look great. Only thing I'm still working on is foul sliders. I still shoot to many compared to the cpu. I'm real close to getting that right as well.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:07 PM   #23
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

2k knows we are annoyed with the illegal roughing.

They should do just as you did and tune down the body up contact until much to all of the illegal roughing on defense is eliminated.

I'd also much rather prefer lower consistency on offense than the decreased shot success tweaks that are currently being used for Superstar and HOF as well as for Online play.

If we want less consistency then lower the consistency slider. Less contact then lower body up sensitivity. I don't know why so many other moving parts are being messed with instead of addressing some things head on first and getting those monster heads sorted our first then trim the body of the monster.

For yourself, where do you have your numbers for scoring in the paint (close), mids, and 3s?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #24
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Are the 2 changes in your first post & the down to 40 shooting tendency changes the only changes you made? Would like to know before input these in myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »