Home

I'm finally in NBA 2K heaven right now!!

This is a discussion on I'm finally in NBA 2K heaven right now!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
I'm finally in NBA 2K heaven right now!!

Don't know what the hell happened over the last week but I'm finally enjoying the game thoroughly now.

Had some of the most fun games since I copped on opening day. Don't know if its the tuner updates or the latest patch combined with my sliders but I'm in 2K nirvana right now.

Like I normally do, I play up until the all star break then sim to the playoffs. I had a few games before the break in which the stats and numbers were perfect.

Before I go any further, the key for me were a combination of 2 sliders. The body up sensitivity and the offensive consistency slider. I lowered the user body up to 30 and gone are the "ride the hip" and "stumble dibble" animations that ruined drives to the paint. Now I'm able to dribble freely, try different combinations of dribble moves and slip past a defender with a good ball handler. Instead of super glue defense, the cpu now relies heavily on help defense and good rotations. Also, not sure if it helped but my fast breaks are much better. The player who steaks up the side can usually catch the ball uninterrupted, in stride with a clear lane to the hoop. Couldn't do this much before.

Next is the offensive consistency slider. Lowered to 43 for the cpu and 45 for the user. The result is one or both teams goes on a cold streak at any given time in the game. This results in lower shot percentages overall and more random misses from open looks. It also makes the game play in 2 halves. One half your team can be on fire, the next they can go cold and stay cold for the entire game.

Anyways, I started the playoffs as the 4th seed going against a weak 5th seeded Philly team. As I proceeded to sweep them out the first round, 3 of the first 4 games were close and tight till the very end and the last game we blew them out. Next series was against the Cavs.....who completely dismantled my team. Couldn't keep up with all those shooters. Needless to say, after getting blown out 2 games, I simmed the series and vowed to create a team in the off season that can beat the Cavs.

After 70+ games, I'm finally comfortable in saying 2K is great again. Teams seem to play to their strengths again, iso plays are actually beneficial, mismatches finally give power to the better player, dribble moves as well as the triple threat moves work for me now, players were rotating properly, pick and rolls are 50/50, never to many steals or turnovers, the magic bullet passes to bigs are all but history now(in fact, it almost seems as if the cpu takes slightly more time taking the ball out and/or walking the ball up the court) and lastly, weak defenders play weak defense. I lick my chops now when I see Jimmy Butler matched up against a smaller guard. I quickly call iso, post up and drive past at a realistic rate. No more super defense. Help defense arrives realistically for ether a drive and kick or a and-one. Perfect.

This is coming from a strickly OFFLINE player. I understand others aren't having the greatest time with the game but I'm more than satisfied now. Are people still frustrated with the game??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I'm finally in NBA 2K heaven right now!!

That kind of hyped me up to start a MyLeague now, just wondering if you are using the default 2K rosters or a custom one?
Old 11-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0

I hate to be a killjoy but the next patch or tuning update will send you right back to where we all belong together, NBA 2k hell.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I've been hearing a lot of people are getting good results after tweaking that body up sensitivity slider....

That sticking effect really trickles down to the rest of the game so I'm not surprised...I need to check that out myself.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
That kind of hyped me up to start a MyLeague now, just wondering if you are using the default 2K rosters or a custom one?

Default 2K roster. I can actually feel the badges come into play now. Like how Rondo is an assist guru. Passes from him negate bad shot timing and bigs like Lopez have a few nice put back each game. Nothing were I feel cheated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Don't know what the hell happened over the last week but I'm finally enjoying the game thoroughly now.

Had some of the most fun games since I copped on opening day. Don't know if its the tuner updates or the latest patch combined with my sliders but I'm in 2K nirvana right now.

Like I normally do, I play up until the all star break then sim to the playoffs. I had a few games before the break in which the stats and numbers were perfect.

Before I go any further, the key for me were a combination of 2 sliders. The body up sensitivity and the offensive consistency slider. I lowered the user body up to 30 and gone are the "ride the hip" and "stumble dibble" animations that ruined drives to the paint. Now I'm able to dribble freely, try different combinations of dribble moves and slip past a defender with a good ball handler. Instead of super glue defense, the cpu now relies heavily on help defense and good rotations. Also, not sure if it helped but my fast breaks are much better. The player who steaks up the side can usually catch the ball uninterrupted, in stride with a clear lane to the hoop. Couldn't do this much before.

Next is the offensive consistency slider. Lowered to 43 for the cpu and 45 for the user. The result is one or both teams goes on a cold streak at any given time in the game. This results in lower shot percentages overall and more random misses from open looks. It also makes the game play in 2 halves. One half your team can be on fire, the next they can go cold and stay cold for the entire game.

Anyways, I started the playoffs as the 4th seed going against a weak 5th seeded Philly team. As I proceeded to sweep them out the first round, 3 of the first 4 games were close and tight till the very end and the last game we blew them out. Next series was against the Cavs.....who completely dismantled my team. Couldn't keep up with all those shooters. Needless to say, after getting blown out 2 games, I simmed the series and vowed to create a team in the off season that can beat the Cavs.

After 70+ games, I'm finally comfortable in saying 2K is great again. Teams seem to play to their strengths again, iso plays are actually beneficial, mismatches finally give power to the better player, dribble moves as well as the triple threat moves work for me now, players were rotating properly, pick and rolls are 50/50, never to many steals or turnovers, the magic bullet passes to bigs are all but history now(in fact, it almost seems as if the cpu takes slightly more time taking the ball out and/or walking the ball up the court) and lastly, weak defenders play weak defense. I lick my chops now when I see Jimmy Butler matched up against a smaller guard. I quickly call iso, post up and drive past at a realistic rate. No more super defense. Help defense arrives realistically for ether a drive and kick or a and-one. Perfect.

This is coming from a strickly OFFLINE player. I understand others aren't having the greatest time with the game but I'm more than satisfied now. Are people still frustrated with the game??
Offline with friends and my season, I couldn't agree more. This last patch made it great imo. Online may have issues, but I'm strictly offline too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #7
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I hate to be a killjoy but the next patch or tuning update will send you right back to where we all belong together, NBA 2k hell.
I feel you. I kept feeling like each update messed something up. The latest patch made the game feel much better in terms of fixing little annoyances.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've been hearing a lot of people are getting good results after tweaking that body up sensitivity slider....

That sticking effect really trickles down to the rest of the game so I'm not surprised...I need to check that out myself.
Exactly, with the body up sensitivity at default, the defender "bumps" the player often. Ether from behind while chasing or warping in from of him forcing you to pick up your dribble. Lowering this for me and the cpu cut down on this immensely.

Now during fast breaks, the defending players don't "warp" or slow down your dribble. The result is smooth dribbling from end to end and I've had what resembles actual fast breaks lol.

It helped dribbling and on ball defense on both ends. Now I can wiggle the stick around without penalty of losing the ball due to the magic bumping. It makes playing iso-ball much more efficient and grants players with good dribbling better looking drives. The slider alone opened the whole game up for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »