Home

Would you like home court advantage replicated in the game, and how?

This is a discussion on Would you like home court advantage replicated in the game, and how? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: Would you like home court advantage replicated in the game, and how?

I wouldnt like any boost whatsoever to attributes and such ... on the other hand, would love to have the some things in the mold of as rumbling screens on free throws.

Have the crowd go wild with some plays, like critical dunks, blocks and going ahead buckets. Maybe, just maybe, the visiting team should have a bit less stamina and a bit more fatigue, but only activate it when a couple of such plays described above happen (not lonly when dunks, blocks, clutch shots happen, but when the crowd goes wild with the critical plays).

If you factor in more boost with the current cold/hot scheme, the badges and all that, it would be more of a mess.

For sim stats purposes, give the home team a bit more of chances to earn the W, like a 2-5% more, subtle but that doesnt prevent upsets.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Statistically, it's been shown the home court is worth about 3 1/2 points per game on average for all home teams in the NBA in any given year. That would amount to two two-point field goals difference.

A suggested advantage might be an "on/off" switch or check-box in league set-up or single game set-up: Almost like a rule. If turned "on", an if/then statement would randomly ask a couple times per game: Is the shooter on the home team? If "yes" play "ball rattles-in" animation; if "no" play "ball rattles-out" animation.

It wouldn't sway the game terribly, but it would provide a little mystique to any home court.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 4

Probably not the best example but didnt Live have a similar option?

Was able to set home/away difficulty. Would have to fix somethings first but yeah.

Home team can get hot and get momentum faster.
Away team bench would drop some ratings and get cold faster.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #20
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
I don't think Road Dog is in the game anymore.

To the OP, I really just want the atmosphere on point. Big scoring runs in the playoffs don't really feel special right now. As for actual boosts.. maybe have a "home court advantage slider" in there so players have the option of adjusting that. I would have it turned all the way up personally but I know some people would hate that.
That's a good idea. would there also be a way to tie this in with team tendencies? like a team's win/lose streak on the road vs. home?
so it works individually, but teamwise too.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #21
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

This is just for guys who use Play Art.... I remember a few years ago in NCAA Football if a young/inexperienced QB was playing on the road the pre-snap play art would shake and eventually disappear. If I recall correctly, some WR icons would even be missing...

Maybe they could add that as an option for young PG's and it could improve with playing time or through training?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 09:35 AM   #22
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This is just for guys who use Play Art.... I remember a few years ago in NCAA Football if a young/inexperienced QB was playing on the road the pre-snap play art would shake and eventually disappear. If I recall correctly, some WR icons would even be missing...

Maybe they could add that as an option for young PG's and it could improve with playing time or through training?

This is a great idea man

Rhythm: Home team should take few positives to happen for them to get a hot streak and the road team should take fewer negatives to happen for them to get on a cold steak.

Sorry if that is worded weird.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #23
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

OVR: 0

I think I have a dope idea on this topic. Similar to NCAA Football games, when you should show your play art before the snap. The lines and camera would be shaking and you couldn't see your play too well.

Well my NBA 2K idea (for online play) is that whenever the home team goes on a scoring run the away user's controller will be consistently vibrating as the crowd is at their loudest and have their camera (possibly) shaking (like how they do on free throws) until they call a timeout or end the scoring run. This will give that away user to feel pressure in some sort of way.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #24
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd love to see more atmosphere in home games, especially during playoff games and against rivals.

listen to how crazy that crowd goes. that would be an amazing thing to see in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »