Home

Would you like home court advantage replicated in the game, and how?

This is a discussion on Would you like home court advantage replicated in the game, and how? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2016, 09:48 PM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Would you like home court advantage replicated in the game, and how?

As far as I remember NBA2K has never included it. It's clearly a gameplay decision to not include it.

Would you like it included? I think it's a real life NBA feature that has to be part of the game.

The follow up question is how does 2K include it? I think many users would find it unfair in PNO, but it would add a huge amount of realism to MyLeague/MyGM.

Do the home team's sliders get a global boost? Or just a boost in certain categories (eg. shooting, drawing fouls, fatigue?)

Do these boosts only occur in the clutch or are they active for the entire game?

Or do you go in the individual route where you look at all the players' home/road numbers and assign a badge where players who play better at home get a package of boosts. e.g +3 for all shooting, +15 drawing fouls, -5 fatigue rate. (This may be 60% of the league)?

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2016, 09:53 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Would you like home court advantage replicated in the game, and how?

You can do it easily yourself...

Just raise home ream sliders by 1 for shooting and 5 for hustle etc.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think you have to go the individual route and look at home/road numbers as you said. But should also do something similar for guys who perform big at certain arenas on the road. For example how MJ always had huge games at MSG.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Home/road numbers were in NBA Live 10, were they not? I think they were...

I would just start with that data and go from there.

I'd also like to see more of an atmosphere in close games, runs and so on. I noticed in 2K16 the crowd reaction wasn't as good as it could have been or recognized a run or end of game situation that well (a wild run where the roof is about to "blow off", or a nail-biter that comes down to the last few minutes, etc.).

I think they could make a home advantage in user vs. user games just by having the crowd going wild, for example. Maybe slight screen shaking like the FT system (although not quite as dramatic, maybe, and it would have to be balanced properly, obviously).

But yeah, I'd like to see a little more attention paid to this type of stuff going forward.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:02 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

No. I wouldn't want it in an NBA game; college, sure, but not NBA. However, I would like to see the home arenas more accurately replicated as far as authentic crowd chants and arena sounds. I'd love to just have back custom sounds from last gen. Personally, between the badges, ACE and rhythm/momentum I think we have too much going on already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2016, 11:22 PM   #6
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't some players have the road dog personality badge or something that makes them okay better on the road ? I know 2K16 had the badge do we still have that now ??
Old 11-25-2016, 11:26 PM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't some players have the road dog personality badge or something that makes them okay better on the road ? I know 2K16 had the badge do we still have that now ??
Yeah I think they do, but it doesn't have much effect on the overall game. And any impact will be on diluting home court advantage.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #8
Pro

The controller vibrating on away free throws is a nice touch imo at getting some home advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »