Home

NBA 2k17 Team up

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Team up within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 04:23 AM   #1
Rookie

sfgiants30's Arena

OVR: 1
NBA 2k17 Team up

Is there a community/forum anywhere that plays 5v5 team up? Underrated mode if you have the right people imo. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 Team up

I don't know about a forum or community but I absolutely love team up..that's mostly what I play

Kingzxkobra if you want to catch me on PSN
Old 11-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Never understood how this mode seemingly goes so overlooked every year by people. I enjoy Pro Am for the most part, but my go-to mode when I jump on 2K is All Star Team Up. Especially when I have 3-4 friends online.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #4
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

What system are you on? I am on Xbox and I am in a big community of Teamup players but I typically like playing when all my friends are all in the parties. Maybe the most fun on 2K when you have a full 5v5 or 4v4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 11-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Haven't been on to do it in a while (taking a bit of a break from 2k lately. Probably will come back soon), but Team Up is easily my favorite mode. Ran into a couple of randoms that run 5 on 5 with their friends. They've invited me a couple of times and it's a dang good time. It's a great mode when you have guys who actually play basketball.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Never understood how this mode seemingly goes so overlooked every year by people. I enjoy Pro Am for the most part, but my go-to mode when I jump on 2K is All Star Team Up. Especially when I have 3-4 friends online.
For me, it's sooo close to being awesome! This stuff makes it suck:

- The timeouts are 60 seconds long - Once someone calls a time out, half the people quit because they don't want to wait (and there's no message that tells you that you can leave the timeout by pressing O).

- Stupid substitution system - Every time some dude will sub in a crap bench player and then quit out, leaving CPU Bench player vs an NBA Legend.

-No incentives - if they could add some kind of a Leaderboard/Rep system that'd be nice. Hell, I'd settle for something similar to the end of a round in an FPS game where it just shows everyone's final Grade/VC Earning/Leader in assists/Leader in points/ etc/etc.

That's it really. Those things are fixable.. they could just copy/paste the time-out system from Pro-Am.

My PSN is: SirGaryColemans I'm down to try playing with people I know won't quit out lol

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 11-28-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #7
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
For me, it's sooo close to being awesome! This stuff makes it suck:

- The timeouts are 60 seconds long - Once someone calls a time out, half the people quit because they don't want to wait (and there's no message that tells you that you can leave the timeout by pressing O).

- Stupid substitution system - Every time some dude will sub in a crap bench player and then quit out, leaving CPU Bench player vs an NBA Legend.

-No incentives - if they could add some kind of a Leaderboard/Rep system that'd be nice. Hell, I'd settle for something similar to the end of a round in an FPS game where it just shows everyone's final Grade/VC Earning/Leader in assists/Leader in points/ etc/etc.

That's it really. Those things are fixable.. they could just copy/paste the time-out system from Pro-Am.

My PSN is: SirGaryColemans I'm down to try playing with people I know won't quit out lol
Those points are all spot on. But I actually like the fact that the backups are such a severe drop off. Makes you pay double for fouling out. Plus it makes for some interesting match up decisions. I ran into a random once who took Avery Bradley, subbed him out after about 2 minutes and dropped 25 with Gerald Green. I had a game where I dug my team out of a nine-point hole after subbing in John Paxson and bombing away with him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 11-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #8
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Those points are all spot on. But I actually like the fact that the backups are such a severe drop off. Makes you pay double for fouling out. Plus it makes for some interesting match up decisions. I ran into a random once who took Avery Bradley, subbed him out after about 2 minutes and dropped 25 with Gerald Green. I had a game where I dug my team out of a nine-point hole after subbing in John Paxson and bombing away with him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's tricky cuz there are fun ways to use em... its even fun to beat Jordan with a scrub.

Maybe they could just make it so if a person DCs/Quits that you can choose to sub the Legend back in during a TO (or it can just do that automatically). When a CPU is controlling the scrub, it can hurt the team.. especially if you feel like the person did it on purpose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »