Home

BLOCKED DUNKS

This is a discussion on BLOCKED DUNKS within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #9
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: BLOCKED DUNKS

I'd like to see more.

I'd also like to see more block dunk animations that impact the players body movement rather than just seeing the ball knocked away.

Just like this.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

No matter how much of good dunker you have or which packages you equipped defender can easily block it on slimmest contact with the ball. For example player A is going on fastbreak pulls up for windmill/360, defender just need to stay somewhat behind and press block for a successful block and this results in block 9 of out 10 times. Regardless of size, build, ratings, badges and everything else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 11-29-2016, 06:10 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
No matter how much of good dunker you have or which packages you equipped defender can easily block it on slimmest contact with the ball. For example player A is going on fastbreak pulls up for windmill/360, defender just need to stay somewhat behind and press block for a successful block and this results in block 9 of out 10 times. Regardless of size, build, ratings, badges and everything else
That's correct. This is why you finish with the proper hand oppose to going straight up or going for the flashy dunk.

It helps a lot for finishing in traffic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
That's correct. This is why you finish with the proper hand oppose to going straight up or going for the flashy dunk.

It helps a lot for finishing in traffic.
A lot of the dunk packages are very counter intuitive. Way too many back scratchers, clutches, etc... not saying nobody would do those but nobody in the world is gonna do one of those dunks while someone is chasing them down. Just a normal dunk would work most of the time, imo you shouldn't have to choose the best dunk when the best dunk is just jump up and dunk it. If you dunk with your arms somewhat outstretched toward the hoop, the player would have to come around your body to block it, but these guys, it's like they jump up with the ball right over their head and people are like nope block..

Another thing that sucks is that yea you can't even pump fake anymore. The best way to go to the rim against a good blocker is to just keep running imo. People jump automatically when you get to a certain point, and if you pump fake you are gonna get blocked anyway or get blocked on your second attempt. In some cases, you might get in a weird animation, but if you just run around them or to the other side of the rim you can score sometimes.

It is 'basketball IQ' but the way you do it, by running around someone is a bit ridiculous. The player has little awareness of where the defender is when they make their move, which I dislike, especially because the defender just needs to jump and the game takes care of the rest in terms of blocking.

Would also like to see the return of the pump fake foul; if you get someone in the air, you should get a foul the majority of the time, so that people can't just jump under the rim.

-Smak
Old 11-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #13
Banned

A lot of times you get blocked on the way up. Like dude reaches through your body to block you before your shot even is at the apex. Think reverses and how often those get blocked. Or a switcheroo not doing what it's intended. Essentially, if I use switcheroos a lot of the time they block what's SUPPOSED to be the fake. So what's the point of a reverse or switcheroo? The game doesn't even allow for those moves to do what they were intended.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't think there is enough dunk interference tbh. Blocks or contact.

Too many posters as it is IMO.

Guys dunking not acknowledging that someone is right in front them..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-30-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:51 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't think there are enough dunk interference tbh. Blocks or contact.

Too many posters as it is IMO.

Guys dunking not acknowledging that someone is right in front them..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
There are, but they are easier to defend than you think IMO. I sit at park (or sat, back when I would play ha) and watch a team w/ an athletic finisher or slasher just doing work. He could be actually good, and I would be like man if that guy thinks he is gonna be dunking like that on me... they are gonna get crushed. Sure, they get some looks, but mostly you can really body them up because of the way defense is inside, if you understand how to just be there and keep your hands up. You will get caught on a poster trying to stop them with your hands up in front of them, but if you get under them before they do it, they aren't gonna be doing any sort of dunk or they'll do that dunk over the rim animation.

The blocked dunks from behind or pre-blocks/auto-blocks as you are going up are worse than ridiculous posters, to me. It's hard to score with people in the paint in general, but if I get in front of them somehow, I should have a score. And I benefit from that a lot with blocks as well because I understand the system, but it rewards lazy D and just turbo jumping.

The amount of distance a big can effectively shut down when it comes to being under the basket, to me, is just too large. People can stand under the rim and bunny hop and they still will get blocks if their player is high rated.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 03:24 AM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
Scoring at the rim is too slow. The one place where defense shines is the block speed animation. It's too fast compared to how slow dunks are. Plus there are specific "get blocked" animations. Dunks you don't even have equipped come just to get smacked. It's bad enough slashers can't shoot, can't dribble, can't make layups THAT much better than other classes. Now after spending hours working on him I'm still getting smacked.

I'm never making inside character again.

My shot creator has been letting me down recently too. Meanwhile SS still make everything.
Skill would matter more if we had safe layups and safe dunks we could trigger.

In any given circumstance the safe driving attempt would trigger the safest highest percentage animation based on your layup and dunk package.

I'm at the games mercy on the fastbreak. I could attempt a two hand dunk off 1 foot.. blocked... dude on my right hip: attempt a left hand layup.. swat... attempt a Euro.. swat.. pause, pump fake,, defender leaps,, I go up.. defender blocked me on the way down.. GG

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »